Maddie Has A Secret

Start from the beginning

~

We go back to the dressing room and Mackenzie and I change into our costume.

"Girls, don't mess this up." Miss Abby said. So inspiring. Mackenzie and I laughed. We held hands and we walked backstage.

"Next up, in the petite duo/trio, act number 62, 'Hakuna-Matata'." Mackenzie and I go onstage.

~

Mackenzie and I finished and we hugged each other.

"I think we did really good!" Mackenzie said.

"Same here." I gave her a high five and we went to the dressing room to be greeted with our mother.

"Aw, you two did so good!" Mommy hugged us both.

"Help ribs." Mackenzie said. We all go onstage for the awards.

*Awards Group/Duo*

"Moving to petite duo/trio... First place, 'Hakuna-Matata' Abby Lee Dance Company!" Mackenzie and I go up there to get our award. 1 for 1!

~

"All right, your nine-to-eleven Power Division, Small Group top scores, here we go." The announcer says, "Tenth place, entry number 211, 'Annie's Song'." We hold hands tightly. Now it's at second place.

"One tenth of a point separates first and second place. Second place, entry number 169, this is 'The Huntress', with the Abby Lee Dance Company." We all sighed and Paige got the award.

~

*Birthday/Competition Day 2*

"Happy birthday, Mel!" Maddie and Mackenzie woke me up.

"My birthday present could be letting me sleep more!" I said sleepy.

"We would, but you have to perform your solo today." Maddie said and I burst out of my bed.

~

I change into my costume and Mommy does my hair.

"Melody, heres your shot kid. Prove to me you can dance." Miss Abby said. WOW! Two days in a row being so inspiring. I go backstage with Maddie and Chloe. I go before the two girls.

"Next an open solo, 'My Heart Will Go On' Melody, Abby Lee Dance Company." I was announced and I walked onstage.

I finished and I thought I did with good energy.

~

Maddie and Chloe performed and they both did well. I thought Maddie did good becoming Dorothy. Now it's time for awards.

"First place for the title of Petite Miss Starpower... 'My Heart Will Go On' Melody Abby Lee Dance Company!" I stand up and go get my plaque and crown. This is actually my first crown and I was smiling so hard. Nice birthday gift! I saw Mommy in the crowd and I think this is the proudest she's been of me.

~

Maddie won Junior Miss Starpower. Chloe got 3rd for Miss Starpower. We got to the dressing room and Abby announced to everyone that Maddie was being taken over to the other competition. So much for keeping it a secret!

"Mel, Kenz, let's go." We follow her and we get into the car.

"We have a second runner-up going to number 343, Megan Prout with 'Janet'." The announcer says and we all clap, "First runner-up for Junior Miss Starpower is going to entry number 345, Heather Spears with 'River Deep', and your Junior Miss Starpower here at Woodbridge 2012 will be entry 326, Maddie with 'Cry'." Great weekend, except for the fact that the other building is probably on fire with the other mothers arguing.