Chapter 199 - One Last night

Start from the beginning

Once Kara finishes greeting Lena, she turns to Morgan and Alura, who then greet Kara, giving her a hug as well, while Kara gives them each kisses. Admittedly, one of the things that Kara is not looking forward to over these next few weeks, is the fact that she and Lena will be spending a week away from Alura and Morgan, for the first week of their honeymoon. Kara knows that Alura and Morgan will both be taken good care of, by being looked after by Eliza. But there is just something about not being there with her kids that Kara is a bit sad by. Kara knows that she will be just like some of those typical parents, who get emotional when they have to spend even a few days away from their kids. Kara just loves Alura and Morgan so much.

"Hey girls." Kara smiles, happily, "Did you both have good days?"

"Yeah." Alura nods.

"Yes." Morgan smiles.

"Good." Kara replies, continuing to smile.

The group all then continue to greet each other for a while, chatting a little bit, before moving into the living room. They do this, because Kara and Lena have something they need to tell Alura and Morgan.

"Okay, girls." Kara begins, "So, we haven't told you this until now, because it only was just decided today. But this evening, momma and I are both going to go out. I'm going to spend the evening with aunt Alex, having a sisters night, and momma is going to spend the evening with aunt Sam and Ruby."

"Yes." Lena says, "We all decided that this will be something nice to do, as it will give mommy/jeju and I one last time, before our wedding, to spend with our maids of honour, just to relax a little bit, and go over the wedding one last time before it all happens. Tomorrow we won't get to do this, as you'll remember that once we all get back home tomorrow, we will be driving up to the hotel for the wedding, and then having the rehearsal dinner."

"But, while your moms are gone for the night, we thought it would be nice that you both get to spend one last evening with me." Nia says, "This will be our last evening all living in this penthouse together. As after you guys get back from the wedding, and joining your moms on their honeymoon, I will have moved into my own apartment, and tomorrow night we will all be sleeping at the hotel. So, I thought we could all have a nice evening together, eat some food, play some games, and cuddle on the couch while watching some movies. Then, I'll put you two to bed."

"Momma and I won't be back too late, as we each have work tomorrow. But we will probably not be back until after you both have gone to bed." Kara explains.

"So, are you girls okay with that?" Lena asks.

There is then a silence in the room, as Morgan and Alura look at one another, before turning back to look at Kara and Lena.

"Okay. As long as we can have ice cream." Alura says.

"Yes!" Morgan agrees.

Kara and Lena both chuckle.

"Alright. Fair enough." Lena smiles, "But not too much, as Alura, you still have school tomorrow, and Morgan, you still will have to get up to come to work with me tomorrow, and work with your private tutor."

"Okay." Morgan smiles, happily.

***************

It is now a little while later, and Kara and Lena have left their penthouse, leaving Morgan and Alura alone with Nia. Lena is meeting Sam at Sam, Alex and Ruby's house, while Kara is meeting Alex at her old apartment, that will soon be Nia's. Kara thinks that in some way, having a final sister's night with Alex, before she is married, in her old apartment, is poetic. So much of the important moments in Kara's life happened while she was living in that apartment. It is almost like it's meant for her unmarried life to end here, with a new single woman moving in, and really starting out her own life.