𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑯𝒂𝒕

-𝑹𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒐 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒖𝒑 𝒂 𝒑𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒍𝒆.

Raven and the rest of the first years were greeted by a tall old woman dressed in black-green robes.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, I am Professor McGonagall." Professor Mcgonagall started.

"The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The sorting ceremony is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house among other houses, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room."

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin." 

"I hope I don't get into Slytherin," Ron said, which made Raven roll her eyes.

"Why?" Harry said, confused.

"Well....There's not been a single witch or wizard who went bad who wasn't in Slytherin. You-Know-Who was one." Hermione said.

"Are you finished?" A harsh voice said, making Ron, Hermione, and Harry turn their attention towards the professor.

"Sorry, Professor McGonagall," Hermione said.

"As I was saying....Each house has its own noble history, and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house, with the most points, is awarded the house cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours." Professor Mcgonagall continued.

"The sorting ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you're  waiting." Professor McGonagall said, looking at Neville LongBottom and Ron.

"It's true, then. What they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts," Draco's voice said from a distance, making Raven roll her eyes.

Murmurs came from every corner of the room.

Draco walked closer to them.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle. And I'm Malfoy.....Draco Malfoy." Draco said. Raven heard Ron snicker at Draco's name, and so did Malfoy given by his expression.

"Think my names funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley." He snapped, glaring at Ron and then turning to look at Harry.

"Well, you'll soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort." Draco looked Ron up and down.

"I can help you there." Draco said, extending his arm out to Harry.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks." Harry said. 

"Ehm," Professor Mcgonagall said from behind Draco. Draco went back to his spot next to Crabbe and Goyle.

"We're ready for you now, Follow me." She said, looking over all the first years.

☆☆☆

McGonagall opened the large golden brown doors to reveal an enormous dining room with four incredibly long tables where the rest of the students sat and another table and the end of the room where the teachers sat. Raven studied the teachers table. Studying each teacher. Her eyes landed on an ancient man with a long white beard and hair wearing a long red robe she reconized the man immediately.