"Yes... It will be some of my class... They have the knack for wrecking everything so I need to put them in order with these things..." He smiled.

"You are so close with your students... It feels like I will never regret hiring you here except only with your shamelessness!"

"Aw... We've been friends since college and you still cared for my shamelessness..."

"Only if I could keep that fact..." Meng Yao mused as he started to walk away, "Good luck with the display..."

"Yeah... Good luck with your work..." They both bid on each other.

Wei Ying started his work while waiting for his class. Only then, Sizhui was the first one to appear. Not seeing Jingyi, he asked, "Jingyi?"

"With grandpa... And the rest of the group who volunteered had some problems due to the upcoming events.."

Wei Ying merely smiled, and nodded, "then Let's get to work.."

Wei Ying smiled and froze when he smelled the scent of sandalwood. He turn around and saw Lan Wangji, standing not far from them, "my dad, said he'd help since he heard that I'm the only one left to help you... Would you mind, Sir Wei?"

"No..." Eyes fixed on Lan Wangji, "thank you for taking your time to help us, Mr. Lan..."

If it were the same years in his past life, Wei Ying would have teased Lan Wangji to death. But now, he knows his limit. He cannot do the same way for he will miss every single moment. The barrier between them is so thick.

His building emotion, his desire, and his feelings would destroy all the hard works he had done for years.

'if it were not for me... Lan Zhan will never be in this situation..' he said to himself.

They started their work only to find out that Lan Wangji was not very talented when it comes to painting. Sizhui was laughing when they started playing like children with the paint. By the end of their game, Sizhui took the initiative to buy drinks and left leaving his father and teacher.

Wei Ying was at the top of the scaffolding while doing his work. When Sizhui left, he talked to Lan Wangji, "Mr. Lan, seems like you and Sizhui have opened up to each other..."

A simple 'mm' was heard as an answer, then a moment later, "Lan Zhan is fine.."

"Waoh Mr. Lan... I can't just address you like that..." Wei Ying said.

"Too formal..." Wangji replied. Wei Ying remembers how he called Lan Wangji by his birthname casually before but it was the fruit born when he shamelessly teased the stoic person.

"Then... Lan Zhan.." he smiled, "good for you and Sizhui... He's as if he wanted to cry for a wee—..."

Wei Ying had stopped his word when a flying ball hit his head causing him to fall from the scaffolding. Losing his balance and with all the materials with him above, he fell bracing himself to welcome the hard floor.

His preparation ended in naught when he felt something soft beneath him and warm breath on his face. He opened his eyes, seeing himself above Lan Wangji...

Their lips locked with each other.

He was unable to breathe, he just stared at the beautiful golden eyes. He closed his eyes, and feel the warmth of the other until he was pushed by the other man.

His eyes widen thinking how embarrassing it was. He looked at Lan Wangji but the other did not meet his eyes, instead stood up and gave the ball to the student who approached them. He just watched Lan Wangji walk away not even minding giving him a look.

He felt his eyes warm but controlled himself to refrain from crying. He just helplessly watched the man vanish from his sight.

He saw Sizhui running to him, "are you okay? Where's dad?"

He smiled and then reply, "I'm okay... You're just going seems like something from work.."

Sizhui just smiled and nodded. Wei Ying braced himself and let his mind occupy his work.

But still... Still felt the warmth on his lips.

It was when Wangji returned. They continued as if nothing happened.

It was already afternoon when they finished their work. They stood before each other with all the awkwardness, "thank you for helping me today... Sizhui... Mr. Lan.."

However, whenever Wei Ying tried to catch his sight, the more Lan Wangji refused to look at him. There was an awkward smile as he looked down trying to stop the visible tears from falling.

Even Sizhui said that he'll help him clean things but Wei Ying told him to go home to get himself clean from all the paint. He then went inside the building to keep all the materials. With one last glance, the father-son figure disappeared.

Upon entering, he locked the door and slump with tears freely falling from his cheeks.

He cried silently remembering the rejection Lan Wangji made.

He knew that he should not hope. He knew that he should not cross the line. He knew...

He knew...

But his desire is breaking his restraint.

He wants to be with him...

He wanted to be with him badly...

He cried...

"If I want and want you again... If I anxiously prayed for you... Will, the heavens give me another chance to hold onto you?"

...to be continued...