|| Lanta Ampā - The Inception ||

Começar do início

Our eyes are all focused on the chest while they are opening it. The moment the cover trunk was lifted, we draw out deep sighs. My hand grabbed the nearest chair to support my weight.

" Rhae... " I felt my husband's presence next to me as he holds me to keep my balance.

" Remove this now! " Aegon ordered and the sight before us was immediately concealed.

The council room turned quiet. The only thing that can be heard are the woods crackling in the fireplace and the fading steps of the knights who brought the chest in.

" Take a seat first, Rhaenyra. " Uncle Oberyn said as Aeron helped me to sit down.

All of us place ourselves in our chairs. The thing that we saw in the chest is not a treasure nor a wonderful gift. It's something more hideous.

It was a severe head. A head of a man and underneath was a banner of one of the noble houses. Two black warhammers on a white saltire on blue. The banner of House Rykker. And the head was Renfred Rykker, the Lord of Duskendale.

" How did this happen? " I asked as I try to calm myself.

" This is a sign. A sign of a rise against you and your ruling. " Uncle Viserys said.

" A raven was delivered before we found the chest, Your Grace. A faction was formed against you. A revolt against House Targaryen. The rebels are unidentified. They have no banners. They sacked Duskendale, the rest of Lord Renfred's family are burned in the stakes and all of those who serve them were murdered too. " Tyrion handed me the parchment paper and which is still sealed. 

" You reap what you saw. A rotten seed placed on a tree and its apple will be the same. " I whispered the words in my mind.

I folded the paper in my hands and passed it to Aegon under the table. I gave him a quick glance as he hid the letter.

At that moment, the door of the council room opened again. Daemon and Jaehaerys entered in a hurried way.

" Another set of ravens came. " Jaehaerys said and place down five parchment papers on the table.

" Five ships from the royal fleet are burning on the coast of Blackwater Bay. " Daemon informed us and it made Lord Monford Velaryon stands from his chair.

We opened the newly arrived ravens. As soon as we read its contents, the papers were passed again to the council members.

It was not just Duskendale. Lannisport, Gulltown, Oldtown, Planky Town, and White Harbor are being attacked by the same rebels. They are asking for military help as they tried their best to prevent the enemies from taking the ports. Lord Tywin Lannister was fortunate that he arrived in Lannisport before the attack. But it did not stop the rebels from overtaking small towns near the cities.

" The lords and ladies of those lands are burned in the stakes while soldiers, servants, and common folks are beheaded and their bodies scattered around the place as a warning. " Ser Arthur said after reading one of the letters.

" Who might be behind these attacks? " Lord Mace Tyrell asked.

" There are no complaints about her grace rule over these past years. We did not receive any objections from the noble houses. " Tyrion answered him.

" You can't be sure. Pardon me for what I am going to say, Your Grace. " Our attention went to Robb who was sitting on the edge of the table.

" Many lords are already against a woman's rules. King Rhaegar and King Aerys had forced many of them to swear fealty to you. This might be their way of saying that they don't want to be ruled by a queen. " The Heir to Winterfell continued without taking his blue eyes from me.