Chapter 7: Home Sweet Hell

Start from the beginning

She looks through the big case and pulls out an Evanescence CD - Fallen. With a squeal, Valencia puts on Hello.

"This is going to be the best day ever." She smiles before the music starts.

Playground school bell rings again
Rain clouds come to play again
Has no one told you she's not breathing?
Hello I'm your mind giving you someone to talk to
Hello

Valencia sings along and I glance at her quickly, astonished about how freaking amazing she is. She sounds like Amy Lee, except her voice is deeper and has more vibrato. Wow. I wouldn't have expected that.

"What do you want to be when your older?" I ask her once the song changes.

"I really don't know. I kind of want to be a poet. I love writing poems and stuff. It makes me happy, as does music. I just get lost when I'm writing. You know?" She says the words very fast to where they are rambled, but I understand what she is saying.

"That's very interesting." I nod. "Can I read something you have written?"

"I actually memorized one." She clears her throat before reciting it.

A/N I wrote it and i know it sucks but lets pretend it's good for the sake of the story XD

"I sink in the water
Where everything begins to get darker
My demons hide inside my mind
They will hold me close until the end of time
The happiness sears and it leaves me in tears
Will I ever get out of this darkness
Or will I be stuck until I die?" She finishes with a sigh.

"Wow." I take a deep breath. "That's deep."

"I wrote it about a year ago. It was after my dad tried to..." Valencia stops speaking and I see the tears in her eyes.

"Hey." I pull over and look at her. "No more sadness tonight, okay? We are going to be backstage at a concert. You're going to have so much fun. Everything is going to be okay."

She nods and I smile. I wipe the tears from her eyes. We don't talk for the rest of the ride. Evanescence pours through the speakers as we continue on our journey to the House Of Blues.

***

We arrive at the venue and Valencia is like freaking out. She's hyperventilating and squealing. I remember when I used to do that over Jon Bon Jovi. It didn't help when Jaime took me to a Bon Jovi concert for my sixteenth birthday. I got to meet Jon and everything. I still have the vinyl he signed for me somewhere...

"Do I look okay?" She messes around with her straightened hair.

"You look beautiful, sweetie." I smile. "Just take a breath and let the rest come easy. They are normal people just like everyone in that crowd tonight."

"I know but" She bites her lip. "Okay, don't tell the guys or their girlfriends or anyone because it is a little embarrassing. I am in love with Vic. Well, he's Vic and it's probably just me fangirling but damn I want to touch his arms."

I can't help but to laugh so hard that I snort, "Honey, he's an old man."

"He could pass for like twenty." She shrugs.

"I was just like you. Except with Jon Bon Jovi, Axl Rose, Bret Michaels..." I stop before I get into too many of my secret not-so-husbands.

"Yeah." She laughs. "It's just fangirling isn't it?"

"No I believe you love him, but not that you are in love." I say honestly.

"I still want to touch his arms." She chuckles.