A person's life is precious, no matter how evil one may be. Life is still a miracle thing...

She had been traumatized gravely from her torture and abuse. Each time she recalled those horrible experiences, Aion or Draco was always by her side. For that, she was thankful as they always made sure she was alright. In return, she would reassure them that she was. Though the look of fear in her widened eyes suggested otherwise. A lie she was willing to believe to be normal again.

That's all she ever wanted.

If there was one difference Draco had come to notice about her, it was that the girl had grown a habit of putting up her walls even higher, she craves comfort and at the same time, she shuts people's help too. This had caused her to be distant at times, he couldn't quite understand it at first, but the more he had spent time with her, the more he had come to terms with it. She was wounded, broken and pieced back together by people who had hurt her. Anyone would react the same way and if they were okay, it just means that something was terribly wrong.

Draco closes his eyes, following Aine as he breathes in the crispy summer air. Their breathing soon became unison. The faint chirping of birds and the serene compound made it somewhat calming. Not to mention, the company of Aine by his side.

How he wished that time could just stop right this instant, it had been peaceful and perhaps it was going to be the last time they were going to feel this way.

He heard a subtle knock on the door and with his wand, Draco waves it to open it. He made an effort to cause as few sounds as possible so he wouldn't disturb Aine's rest. He places his finger over his lips and hushed the gentleman who stood at the door frame, slightly stunned.

"Have you seen your mother?" Aion asked in a hushed voice, noting Aine's little nap. He couldn't help but smile at the sight of the two.

Draco shook his head, blinking his eyes with curiosity. "No, I haven't. She did say she was going somewhere and would only be back during the late evenings." He remembered his mother telling him that she had to visit a friend with her sister for some important business and it sounded pretty urgent. He wanted to ask her more about it but it didn't seem like a good time since Bellatrix was constantly hovering around her and he thought better than to pry.  "Why?"

Aion's lips formed an 'O' shape, nodding in understanding. "Nothing, I just wanted to ask her some stuff..."

"Is everything alright?" the boy presses on, concerned when Aion was being sheepish, a rare expression that he had worn.

"Oh, yes! Everything's fine. Don't worry about it!" he waves at him, looking at his sister who stirred in her sleep, brows contorting together. "Get some rest, beau-frère. The Sun is pretty nice today. I'll make some food later, so come with Lianna when both of you are well-rested," he winks.

Draco smirked, "I'll help later."

"I was hoping you would say that," Aion chuckles before taking the liberty to excuse himself, closing the door shut for the young couple who had sat side by side, enjoying their peaceful warm and cosy afternoon nap. At least for now, they could be free of their thoughts and plans of assassination. Though no matter how much they had strived to pretend that everything was alright, things were far from normal... 

Miles away from the Malfoy manor, in between endless rows of deserted bricked houses. Two pairs of feet hurriedly stomp past broken streetlamps, putrid air fills among them, stinking of the rubbish-strewn banks. It had little to zero maintenance of the place there, like a ghost town where the only souls that resided there were just a handful of people. A thick fog obscured the alleys, the rain pattering down harshly, there was an ominous vibe to the place the two shadows had stumbled upon.