Chapter 5: Fate is weird

The rest of the way there was pretty smooth and there were no interruptions this time.

They made their way through many futuristic buildings with PWC advertisements in them for the final, to which both Goh and Chloe could have sworn to have seen Ash's and Pikachu's eyes glimmer at the sight of the amazing poster and them being in it, going up against the World Monarch.

They followed Chloe's phone, and it led them to a wall?

They all looked confused until Ash said "Maybe you just touch the wall and it opens up, like in that movie we saw."

Goh, Chloe, and Pikachu all were shocked by Ash's childlike reasoning but decided to let him try.

He touched the wall and nothing happened.

Goh looked at Ash and said, "Maybe the entrance is somewhere else, I don't think that'll work Ash."

Ash didn't care and tried again, his attempt failing.

"Man, they made it look so much easier in the movieeee." he said while continuing to try.

An unknown man approached them and said "Are you guys looking for something?" to which Goh and Chloe nodded while Ash continued to tap the wall, moving his hands slightly, as if looking for a hole.

"Yeah, we were looking for a training institution using our phones and it led us here, to this wall." Chloe said

"And what about your friend?" The man asked

"Oh, he thinks that if he touches a certain part of the wall, it'll open like in a movie." Goh answered

"Oh, I see."

Chloe went up to Ash and basically begged him to stop doing his weird wall-hole-finding thing.

"Well, actually I can help you guys with finding the institution.

You see, the entrance is actually on the other side, but someone played a prank on the system and told it that it was actually on this side.

I apologize for that."

By the way, I'd like to know how you found out about the training institution." The man explained

"Oh yeah, we came here because a professor recommended this place for training." Ash said

"I see, and I assume that this professor told you that only trainers in the ultra-class or above could use the facility, right?" The man said

"He actually didn't, but it doesn't matter since our friend here is part of the top 99." Goh said

"He is? Well, in that case, follow me and I'll show you the way to the gym." The man said, and as Ash and Pikachu were about to go to follow the man, Goh stopped them and asked the man "We never introduced ourselves, who are you?

The man nodded and said, "Professor Cerise was right about you three, also I'm the person who runs the institution and my name is Percival Clive, you three must be Goh, Chloe, and..." He got closer to the group and whispered to them Ash's name.

"Am I right?" He asked.

The three of them looked surprised, but Ash quickly answered "You're right about that!" and brought his fist down, with Pikachu doing the same.

"Oh, this is the Pikachu everyone's been talking about, nice to meet you Pikachu. Anyways, follow me please." Percival said

They all walked to the right side of the institution this time.

The institution from the front was big, but it was no surprise that they didn't see it as it was made with that purpose in mind, since it was made for only a select few to train.