𝐈. 𝐒𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 ━ 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

Start from the beginning

"I didn't mean to sound rude, dear. Excuse me. I think you've heard the rumors about Addison's Apartments." You don't know anything about it.

"To tell the truth, I haven't heard any rumors about this place..."

"Oh god. You don't have to worry about it anymore, dear. Nothing has happened for quite some time, anyway. How old are you, (Y/N)? You're a young woman and you came to live in a place like this."

"Um, I'm (Y/A) years old. To be honest I picked this place because it's close to the college."

"You're almost the same age as my boys. What a coincidence! You should try to make friends with them, they could help you orient yourself if you're not familiar with Nockfell. You find my Larry in the basement. Here, here." Lisa hands you a key card. "Usually he's in his room. Come and see him or me and my husband in 402. Have a nice day, (Y/N)!"

"I'd like to meet them. Have a nice day you too."

You put the key card in your pocket and continue your morning walk to the supermarket.

Getting to the supermarket took about thirty minutes and you didn't even cross a bus along the way. Which you expected though, as Nockfell is a small rural town. But it was not so bad to take an early morning walk, amidst the noise of the city and the smell of freshly baked bread and, occasionally, even freshly brewed coffee. Tomorrow, after you dedicate all of today to put your things in order, you will visit the campus. Despite the small location in which it's located, you've read that it's quite spacious and well laid out. You hope it is as the reviews say.

Back in the lobby of the Addison Apartments you feel a slight shiver seeing it empty. You let yourself be influenced by Lisa's words even though she didn't really tell you what happened in this place. Maybe there was a murder. This would explain the low cost.

Still immersed in your thoughts you unconsciously start walking faster and you don't realize the person in front of you until you bump into them.

"Everything's ok?" You have to look up to see the face of the stranger you bumped into. He's a guy maybe the same age as you, quite muscular and you notice that he looks a lot like Lisa. Maybe it's one of her sons.

"Sorry, I was a little distracted... I didn't hurt you in any way, did I?"

"Who? Me? I'm made of metal, girl. Are you the new tenant? Room 203? Did I guess?"

"Yes, exactly. Are you Larry by any chance?" The boy opens his mouth, amazed.

"I'm really amazed. How did you do it? Are you a fortune teller or shit like that?"

You giggle. "Nothing like that. I met your mom before and she talked to me about how I could make friends with her sons, according to her."

"Cool. Wanna do that?"

"What?"

"Hang out."

"Sure. I don't really have any friends here and you seem like a funny guy."

"Give me the envelopes, I'll help you take them to your apartment. Then, if you want, I'll show you mine."

You look at the two envelopes and you remember how much they weigh. Eventually you bought more than you planned, mostly snacks. "Alright." You hand them to him. Gentlemen are very rare nowadays and if you find one you have to take advantage of them.

"Lead the way." He says.

"Don't you know where my apartment is?"

"Actually, I do know. It's the same floor where Todd's parents live, who's a friend of mine who doesn't live here anymore."