Chapter 19: Plus One

Zacznij od początku

But you did.

And you could do more than waiting for other Slayers and civilians to become injured to help them. This only solidified your choice in telling Kocho that you wanted to be an official part of the Corps.

The look of Kocho's expression falling into relief after you told her the news removed the coils that were wound up in your body. With a nod of thanks she left you in your spot as she made her way in the direction of the Demon Slayer you just saved.

Silence filled up the air around you until there was a shout of your name from down the hallway from where you stood, and you looked up only to have another body slam into you. You bodies tipping over and colliding onto the floor as you had no more energy to keep yourself up.

"(Y/N)!!" The sobbing and familiar voice of Zenitsu rang through your ears. Of course it was those three who were with the Hashira. You knew they would be where all the drama and danger was. There was another, butchered, call of your name, this time from Inosuke as he chased Zenitsu out from the shared ward. 

Inosuke picked up both you and Zenitsu from the ground, causing him to shout at the masked Slayer. The warmth from them finally shook you out of whatever trance you were in and before they knew it you were sobbing into their embrace.

It was only then that they noticed that most of your body was covered in blood. 

"Ahhhh! (Y/N) why are you covered in blood?! Are you hurt anywhere? What happened?!" Zenitsu was rambling off question after question about your wellbeing while Inosuke was just starting to scream out. They became silent at the sound of your voice cracking with laughter. It was so nice to have people here who cared about you.

"I'm fine, just tired." And that was the truth. Now that you were no longer in the room, and that you knew that the Demon Slayer you worked on would live through the night, you knew you could relax. 

As if all your energy was drained from you, you slumped in Inosuke's grasp, your head resting on Zenitsu. "I think I'm more than tired." You couldn't help but mutter, your eyes now half lidded. "Wait! Don't wall asleep yet (Y/N)! You need to get out of those clothes and wash up!" Inosuke was starting to shake the both of you in his grasp, and by another miracle, Kocho had entered the hallway once more.

She noticed your hunched over form and motioned the two to hand you over to her. "I'll be sure that she cleans up before going to bed." Her unnerving stare stopping the two from blurting something out. "It would be best if the both of you went back to bed." Reluctant to leave you alone, but also not wanting to feel the wrath of the Insect Hashira, Inosuke and Zenitsu made their way back to the ward. 

Kocho could only let out a hum and she helped you walk over to the baths, not even bothering to bring you to your room first. "I've already got the baths ready for you. I'll be back with a set of clothes." That was so kind of her to do, she must have set it up after she had checked in on the Slayer you saved, you weren't expecting it.

You let her guide you to a stool and you didn't even bother waiting for her to leave as you tried to remove your bloodied clothes. The blood made the material stick to your skin like a second layer. To make it easier, you dumped one of the already filled buckets over your head. It was refreshing and woke you up a bit. Making it that much easier for you to take off the rest of your clothes. 

Dumping another bucket over your head, you began to scrub at your skin. The water stained red as it flowed away. The sent of blood only reminding you months ago from when you first arrived. This spurred you on to scrub furiously at the blood staining your skin.