chapter 48 - fake or real?

Start from the beginning

You darted over to the door and sprinted for your life while dodging the false Sophie's grasps. The door burst open. There she was, Rapunzel, cornered by the other doubles. You ran over to her.

Rapunzel sighed in relief, "(__)! Wait, how do I know you're real?" She asked.

You thought, for a moment, how could you prove yourself to her? Can you perform the incantation? Uhh, let's not pass out. Wait... "Siblings just have a way of knowing. You have to trust me on this one."

Rapunzel nodded and turned to face the doppelgängers who were advancing with menacing eyes that were growing brighter and brighter. "I believe you. Now how are we going to sort this out?"

"Rapunzel, don't run from us..." said Eugene with a lazy smirk.

All the doubles arms were dropped to their sides as they walked. Yeah, definitely not them.

"It's so much better this way." Cassandra's double stated

"No annoying qualities," Lance added.

"Our quirks don't exist any more," Sophie mentioned.

"No bickering." Shorty acknowledged

The fake Varian grabbed the side of your face, his eyes piercing and cold. "And now we can have everything we've ever wanted."

The doubles stopped and spread their arms out, the evil in them piercing through their bodies. "We share the same mind. It's bliss. " They all spoke at once.

"Pascal, Ash, Ruddiger, run!" Rapunzel shouted as the swarm of bodies walked towards you, pushing you into the mirror of doom.

You turned your head to see claws ready to snatch you away and bring you into the unknown dimension. Without warning, you grabbed your doubles arm and pulled her out of the reflection. Rapunzel looked over and did the exact same. You fought and fought until one of you was pushed in...

But which one is the question...

Rapunzel's pov

I struggled to push the fake me back into the mirror, hah! Take that, you imposter! Just one thing, though... Now that she's back in there, they'll think that I'm her, which is also me... It doesn't matter for now, I'm sure they'll be fine.

I turned around and smirked, looking at the other imposters who were checking to see if the real me was in the mirror, which of course was not! But one thing that concerned me was: is (__) still her? I looked over at her, and she was staring into the mirror with the most evil grin I'd ever seen on her face. Oh no...

Everyone gathered into a circle, making sure I didn't seem suspicious I followed, keeping the evil smirk on my face.

Eugene began to chuckle, "With no one left to oppose us, we will remain free forever."

"What about the lizard and rats?" Cassandra asked.

"Leave the lizard and rats to me and her." (__) answered, pointing to me. Inside I gulped, still unsure if this really was my sister or her double, and honestly, I was scared to ask just in case. "You guys keep checking the mirror. With that group in there, you don't know if they'll try anything fishy."