•Part twenty three

It had been a week since you told Fred about your brother and the two of you hadn't spoke about him since. You wanted to talk to him about your brother, but it just made you feel sad to remember all of the memories with him.

You missed him so much.

You and Fred had been inseparable. Both you and him hadn't spoken to any of your friends except for George and Angeline since the night Kiara told everybody you were having sex with Luke.

Fred was downstairs working in the shop with George and you were upstairs tidying around the apartment when you heard a knock at the front door. You walked over and opened it to see Kiara standing there with a bright red face and tears everywhere, you immediately let her inside and she straight sobbing straight away.

"I'm sorry, Alexa. I screw everything up and I've thrown out friendship away for a stupid boy, I'm so sorry." Kiara cried. "I know I messed up and I can't be more sorry.. but I really need you right now."

"What's wrong?" You asked her and sat her down on the couch, you sitting down with her.

"It's Luke." She sobbed, tears fell out of her eyes even more.

You handed her a few tissues from a box on the coffee table and watched as she wiped her eyes, the tears still falling down though. You grabbed your free hand and squeezed it.

"Tell me what happened." You told her, not really wanted to hear about Luke but wanting to be there for your friend.

"I know what he done to you, and I'm so sorry about what I said, I didn't know them." She said with a shaky and quiet voice.

You went silent, you had no idea what to say or what to even do. What were you supposed to do or say when your best friends tells you that she knows her boyfriend raped you and lied about it?

You sat there in silence and watched as she tried to form words out of her mouth but only sobs left her mouth. She finally formed some words and you were completely shocked and heartbroken for her.

"He done it to me too." Kiara said.

•••

You were sat on the couch with tears drying on your cheeks. Kiara was asleep with her head laying on your shoulder, she had cried herself to sleep because she hasn't slept properly for a few days and felt comfort with you.

Fred came back up to the apartment when he was on his break and George was in charge for a bit. He walked in to see Kiara asleep on the couch and immediately got confused, so you moved her carefully and got up to talk to him.

You took him into your bedroom and started to talk about why Kiara was here. You didn't tell him the entire story because she never said if it was okay for you to tell anyone, even Fred, and you wanted to respect that.

"Her and Luke had a huge fight and she's really upset, Fred. I told her she can stay here for as long as she needs, if that's okay with you?" You asked and he nodded hesitantly

"I can't really say no now, can I?" He asked and you bit the inside of your lip. "It's fine, don't worry."

He gave you a faint smile so you gave him one back and the two of you talked about how his day had been going so far. He said that he saw Mike and his son being helped by George in the shop. They got their discount after all.

It was time for Fred to go back downstairs and carry on working, so you kissed him goodbye and watched as he left your bedroom and the apartment quietly. You walked out to join Kiara again and she was still asleep, you ended up falling asleep with her too.

When you woke up, she was already awake and making you a cup of tea for whenever you woke up. You told her that she didn't have to but she insisted on it as she had been really rude recently and you had been very helpful and nice to her despite what happened.

"Are you still alright to sleep in the same bed as me, like the old times?" You asked her and cupped your mug in your hands.

"Of course, I want to put everything bad behind us and kind of start fresh so I think it would be good." She smiled and sat down. "Look.. I just wanted to say sorry again."

"Kie, you know you don't have to apologise. You didn't know and Luke must have twisted the story." You told her once again but she insisted on talking still.

"It must have been so weird for you to have me crying at your doorstep like a pathetic little girl again." She said. "I know I shouldn't have come to you after everything I said and done, but I had absolutely nowhere to go like, at all."

She continued to explain how everybody argued with her after that night at the restaurant where she told all of your friends that you and Luke "had sex". No one had spoken to her ever since that day and you couldn't really blame them. She was a bit out of order then.

You did understand why she said what she said though, she didn't know the whole story like Fred didn't know the whole story. If you could accept Fred's apology for lashing out, then you could accept hers for what she said and done.

"Everything's fine between up, Kiara, and you can stay here for as long as you need to. I can even go back to your place and get some stuff if you need to since you don't have a bag or anything with you." You told her. "It's going to be so hard for the both of us, but we can do it if we have each other."

"Thank you, Alexa."

Word Count : 1024