Part One

"What's got you down?"

Castiel looked up from his glass half full of whiskey to the brown haired, green eyed man on the bar stool beside him. He had a face full of freckles and a nice suit, unbuttoned and no tie, a beer bottle in one hand. Castiel hung his head and sighed.

"I got let go." he muttered, finishing the whiskey. "The company had to make cuts and I wasn't doing my best." he muttered, banging his head on the bar. The man let out a sigh and waved to the bartender. He banged his head against the bar again.

"Whoa, cool it." He reached over as Castiel lifted his head and he placed his hand between Cas' forehead and the bar as Cas brought his head down. The man's hand was warm. The bartender sat two bottles of beers in front of the two. "I'm Dean Winchester." he pulled his hand out from between Cas' forehead and the bar as Castiel lifted his head. With a grin and a raised eyebrow, he offered one of the beers. Cas took it and sighed.

"Castiel Novak." he introduced himself, throwing his head back with the bottle to his lips, the liquid streaming down his throat.

"What's got you so sour?" he asked, turning on the stool to face Castiel. Cas let out a long sigh, staring down at the bar as he sat the bottle down with his hand wrapped around it.

"I got fired a couple weeks ago at my law firm." he grumbled, taking another swig. It was already almost gone. "After that, I found out my girlfriend was cheating on me." he sighed then chuckled, hanging his head. "When I found out about the cheating she put the blame on me. For working too much, for looking through her phone, for... Just about anything she could blame me for before packing everything and leaving." he sighed, finishing off his beer. "I'm four days from getting kicked out from my apartment and I can't find a job and everything just feels like it's falling apart." he buried his face in his hands. "I need another beer." he muttered. Dean waved at the bartender and he sat two beers in front of them. "Sorry for rambling." he apologized. Dean shrugged.

"Why else would I be in the middle of nowhere in this shit bar?" he asked. The bartender gave him a glare and Dean raised a hand in defense. "I mean no offense of course. You seem like a wonderful person." the bartender rolled his eyes and slipped a cigarette in his mouth, walking through the back door as he lit it. Cas downed his beer.

"I have literally nothing left to lose..." Castiel muttered in between his drinks. He drank the rest of his beer. He held his head. Cas' vision was getting kind of fuzzy and his head was blurry. "I don't usually drink..." he muttered, leaning on the bar. He reached for another beer and opened it.

"I can tell. You looked drunker than hell." Dean pointed out. Cas shook his head and stood up.

"I gotta get home." he muttered, staggering towards the door. He almost tripped over his feet but Dean was to his side and helped him keep balance.

"There's no way in hell I can let you drive home like this." Dean sighed, helping him to the door.

Castiel muttered some gibberish before things went black and his memory from then on faded.