Chapter Thirty-Eight

I drove all night long. I parked in the parking lot and got out of my car.

I knocked on the door and waited for someone to come to it.

"Bailee?" he was shocked, with a huge smile on his face.

I pulled him into a hug and started crying. He pulled me really close to him and rubbed my back.

"What's wrong?" he asked me with a concerned tone.

I nuzzled my head into his chest.

"J-Jack kissed an-another girl." I bawled.

"What do you mean he kissed another girl? What about Finn? What happened?"

"I'm with Jack because Finn hurt me and Jack kissed another girl two nights ago." I sobbed.

"Come inside." Reese brought me inside.

I looked at the condo when I walked in. It had been rearranged. There were many new scents. The couch and love seat that matched it, that Reese and I had always sat on, was now gone. It was replaced with an upgrade. It wasn't the best upgrade though. The linoleum floors had now been ceramic tile. Why did he do all of this?

I turned around to ask Reese why it was all changed, but he got to questioning me before I got to him.

"What'd Jack do? I swear to god if he hurt you, I will kill him." Reese balled up his large fist. The only fists that I had been scared of.

"Not physically, but mentally. Jack cheated on me. Reese, you hurt me physically and cheated once. Jacks done cheated at least three times by now." I cried to him.

Reese walked closer to me and pulled me to his chest. I breathed in his scent, which was also different.

"I only hurt you, because I was doped up.God, I would never hurt you when I was sober." he rubbed circles into my back.

"I know. It's just that, he said that I was the love of his life. He also said that he had tried so hard to be with me when we were in high school. I don't get why he would do so-"

"Reese, baby, is someone here?" I heard another females voice. I backed out of his arms.

"Yeah," Reese called back.

The girl came into view and I smiled at her. It was Kasey Demn. He moved on. It kind of hurt me.

"Oh, hey Bailee." she smiled and hugged me.

I hugged her back. She was one of my good friends. She was always there for me when nobody else was.

"So you and Reese?" I asked.

She nodded with a big smile. That's how he used to make me feel.

Reese used to make me feel like the only girl in the world and the only one that had his huge heart.

"Is that okay? You're not mad, are you?" she was concerned.

"Nope. I'm glad to see that Reese is and was able to find someone else."

"Good. Well, I have to go and get some groceries. I'll be back later."

"I love you, bye." she kissed Reese.

"Love you too, bye babe." Reese kissed her back

When she left, Reese and I were alone, again.

"How long?" I asked him.

He scratched the back of his neck and looked away.

"Reese, tell me."

"It's only going to hurt you more Bailee. I don't think you want that." Reese put his hands on my shoulders.

"Please." I looked into his deep blue eyes.

Reese sighed, indicating that he was giving in to me.

"Well, she was my dealer and I spent two of your checks on her. I'm so sorry Bailee. If I could go back and redo what I'd done, I would. I fucked up our relationship. I didn't realize that I had the love of my life by my side the whole time." Reese pulled me to him.

He held on tightly. He gripped onto my hair and kissed into it. I loved when he did this. He kept whispering his "I'm sorry's" into my ear.

Reese broke into my sobs.

I looked at him with a tear stained face.

"I wish you didn't mess our relationship up. I loved you so much." I cried.

Reese wiped the tears away from my cheeks and lips.

He moved in and kissed me. I felt want and need. I felt love. It felt like the first time we kissed, which was after Jack of course, but there was still excitement in the kiss.

I kissed him back, I did. I feel that there will always be that spark in any relationship that we have, that we will always feel like lovesick puppies for each other.

I broke the kiss and returned back into his arms.

"I don't know what I'd do without you, but I love Jack and I can't cheat on him just because he did it to me," I said into his chest.

"Me either and I know."

Reese picked me up and took me upstairs to our, his, spare bedroom. The old love seat was in there. He laid me down on it and covered me up.

"Just take a nap and I'll come check up on you later, okay?" he asked.

I nodded. I wanted to sleep next to him, but I didn't say so. It would be awkward since he has a different girl living with him and I'm with Jack.

"You want me to lay with you, don't you?" he asked me.

I looked at him. His blue pools of eyes are what make me love him so much.

"No, I'll be fine. Thank you though." I smiled.

"Okay, if you change your mind, just come into my room." Reese smiled and kissed me on the forehead.

Reese left the room and I laid alone. I let my thoughts drown me.

What is Jack doing right now? Is he looking for me? Is he asleep? Is he thinking about me?

My phone started to ring and it was the song that I set for whenever Jack called. I answered without hesitation.

"Hello?"

"Jack, Jack. Slow down." I heard a girl moan.

"Jack." I felt tears come to my eyes. "Please tell me this is a joke."

___________

oh fuck.

so sorry that it's been taking me ten years to update.

my computer wasn't working for a while, but i should be updating more now (:

vote & drop the comments.