Arc 1: A World of Sand, Chapter 9: Finally

Start from the beginning

In the small tool room, there are countless tools, mops, large shears for trimming flowers and trees, hoes, broken plant roots, and all kinds of debris are stacked on each other, forming a dirty and thick black background.

Yu Yanqing's body was naked and squatted in the corner of the room. There were countless fine wounds on her body, and blood was sprayed in every corner of the room. As if countless scarlet earthworms were climbing and absorbing all the heat of life.

In her hand was a small knife commonly found in students' pencil boxes. The handle was light blue, and the blade was covered with blood.

The Police officers are used to seeing murder scenes, but still many people can't stand such a bloody scene. The scene became very quiet, and even the needle drop can be heard.

The first sound was the click of the shutter, the flash came on one after another. The forensic officer squatted down and took pictures of the scene from different angles.

Then the forensic doctor walked in and laid Yu Yanqing on the ground, his movements were indescribably slow and solemn.

No one speaks.

The moment Yu Yanqing lay down, a handful of fine sand appeared between her stiff fingers.

A handful of white, delicate sand, like countless aphids swarming out.

Xing Conglian grabbed Lin Chen and dragged him out of the basement.

Typhoon days are always weird, the heavy rain stopped at some point, and the sky was so low that it seemed like it was about to fall in the next moment.

Xing Conglian pressed Lin Chen on the bench, and behind him was the camphor trees.

He took mineral water from the trunk of the car, stuffed it into Lin Chen's hand, and then sat down.

As a criminal policeman, he knows very well that apart from gods, the only people who can predict life and death are murderers and acquaintances, but he is very sure that Lin Chen is not a murderer. Then, the question arises: What role did Lin Chen play in these incidents?

"I'm not the murderer." Lin Chen unscrewed the bottle cap and said very seriously and calmly.

Few can face the doubts and explain them so plainly.

"When the Park incident happened, you were at the police station. Of course, you were not the murderer." Xing Conglian said.

"If you believe me, then I'm not the murderer of Yu Yanqing either." Lin Chen raised his head and took a sip of water.

This is the second time Lin Chen said if you believe me. Xing Conglian thought, of course, I still believe in you.

But some words cannot be said, and some things must be asked clearly

"Why?" Xing Conglian asked.

"Remember that letter?"

"Um."

"She said, 'My dear, I can finally face death calmly', I.....Finally......" Lin Chen stared at Xing Conglian with cold eyes, "Think about it, when would you use such a word?"

"I finally ate crayfish, I finally drank cold beer......" Xing Conglian answered honestly.

"It's an indication of a state of completion or imminent completion with an extremely critical emotion."

Xing Conglian nodded, indicating that he understood what Lin Chen meant.

But even if Yu Yanqing had already decided to die when she wrote that letter, it did not mean that Yu Yanqing was the murderer who destroyed the rings and killed the young man.