21

a/n: this is chapter 21, there's only going to be about 25 chapters in total in this fic :-) just letting you guys know

"Lukey, I wanted to ask you something."

I hummed in response, looking up from my phone to where Calum was sitting on my desk chair, swinging around a little.

"Okay, so Mikey's been naming a lot of bands lately, and I know none of them," he pouted, running a hand through his blond highlight, causing me to bite at my lip ring. "I need you to play some of their songs for me."

"It's called YouTube," I answered, fighting off a laugh. "Do you remember the names?"

"Don't laugh, you dick!" Calum scowled, picking up a pen from my desk and throwing it at me. "I just figured you'd know which are their best songs, but then we stopped talking and- never mind. I have the list of songs on my phone."

I sat up, tossing my phone to the side, and got up to look through my CD collection while Calum pulled up the list on his phone. "Okay, the first one is The Distillers, and Mikey said-"

At that, I let out a loud laugh, startling Calum in the process. "What's so funny?!"

"It's ironic that you mention them, that's all." I found the CD quickly and slid it into the player before turning it to my favourite track, and sitting back down, gauging Calum's expression. He didn't seem to like it much, which was alright.

However, he did end up liking Less Than Jake a lot, so I let him borrow my shirt of theirs to wear the next day. The thought of it was a pang to my heart, in the sense that he was dressing in my clothes and changing his hair to impress Michael, whereas all he had to do was smile at me and that was enough to have me wrapped around his finger. I knew that seeing him with Michael while he was wearing my shirt tomorrow was going to be hell.

He was happy, though, and I could never ever wish that away from him. I just wished I was the source of that happiness, or at least one of the main sources, like he often said Michael was.