Surviving Camp Columbus

“Come on, Riley don’t be a chicken.”

“Yeah, Come on don’t be a chicken, Riley!” 

“I’m not being a chicken.. Its just its really expensive, and I have enough money to buy it, I ju-” 

“You’re a chicken.” 

“Yeah a chi-”

“Margaret! Do you have to repeat everything I say?” Addalyn rolled her eyes with frustration. I stared at them both in narrow eyes before my eyes flashed to the beautiful white cashmere top in Addalyn’s hands. Sure I was rich and I could buy it, but the amazing adrenaline rush you get when you steal was exciting.. And I could totally use some excitement right now. 

Letting out a sigh I reached my hands out for the top which Addalyn dodged, “Gimme!” I squealed. 

“Are you going to do it?” I nodded slowly raising my eyebrow a little. She handed it to me and pointed toward a changing room. I walked to it slowly turning my head half way and saw Addalyn shooing me on. 

When I reached the changing room I tore of the price tag with my teeth and stuffed the top into my bag. I walked back to my friends and gave the signal that I had the top in my bag. 

“Excellent, lets go.”

We were almost to the exit when my heart started to pump, and I could feel my blood racing through my veins. This wasn’t the first time I’ve stolen something.. But it’s the first expensive thing I’ve ever taken. 

My friends walked through the exit and when I did the alarm started to beep and my friends ran away. I tried to catch up with them, but I was in heels and two big hands caught my scrawny arms. 

“Lemme go! Lemme go!” I squealed. 

“Sorry, but your coming with me, ma’am.” A masculine man voice thundered in my ear. I stopped struggling as I was being dragged to the store jail. 

The man pushed me into a room with only a metal bench. He took my bag and left the room, slamming the door and locking it. 

Well this is just perfect. I’m sure Addalyn and Margaret took something too but I was the one caught. I always got caught. I always got in trouble. I always managed to dig my way out of trouble with my dad, being his only family and all, but something tells me that I won’t get off the hook so easily. 

I sat on the metal bench. The cold making the bare skin on my legs cold. I was wearing a short pink skirt and white top with off the shoulder sleeves. The room was freezing! I clenched my teeth together and rubbed my bare arms, trying to keep warm. 

Sooner or later the door came open. The same man in the security uniform came in. 

“You can call someone now.” I hopped off my seat and walked over to him. He led me to an old phone. 

“You can only have one call and make it quick.” I nodded who was I going to call. If I called my dad I knew I would get in some serious trouble, but he was my only choice. 

I dialed the number I knew so well and placed the phone to my ear. 

Ring… ring… ring… Come on pick up dad! Ring.. Ring…

“Hello?” 

“Dad?” 

“Don’t start, Riley. I’m on my way. Your… friends called and told me everything! You are in serious trouble.” and with that the phone clicked and the phone buzzed signaling the call ended. I sighed in frustration. Why was it that every time I got caught, my friends always called my dad before I got too! 

No longer than twenty minutes later the door swung open again. 

“You can leave now.” The same man said. 

I scurried past him and ran into my dad. He held my bag in his hands which I cautiously took. He turned on his heel and I followed him. 

He didn’t talk the whole way to his car. I knew he was mad at me. I just didn’t know how mad and what my punishment was going to be. 

We finally got to his car and I hopped in the front seat. 

“Okay, Riley Anne Santers. Tell me. Why did you steal this time?” I rolled my eyes. I knew he was mad when he used my full name. 

“I stole because I wanted to.” I answered with an attitude. 

My dad let out a low breath, “You know what. Your not getting off the hook so easily this time Riley Anne. Your grounded for the rest of this Summer. Better yet instead of staying with your friends, your coming with me to Camp Columbus!”

My eyes widened, “Camp Columbus!? The camp you own?! Dad that’s an all boys camp!” 

“I’m sorry. Its your only choice Riley Anne. I need to keep you out of trouble and this seems to be the only way to. We leave in a week. That means, No going out with friends, no shopping unless I’m with you, and don’t ever think about stealing ever again! I want you to follow those rules for a week and when I mean no stealing ever again Riley Anne… I mean it!” 

I nodded my head trying to process everything. In a week, I had to go to my dad’s stupid camp for guys. Which meant my whole summer, which was 5 months I had to spend surround by guys, surrounded by wildlife, and NO civilization. This should be interesting…

Note to self: Don’t ever get on dad’s bad side before summer… he’ll make you go to his summer camp. For guys!

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N- Hm. not much to say.. shocker huh i always have alot to say at the end of Mr. Player.. but I HOPE you enjoyed the first chapter of Surviving Camp Columbus! 

Vote/Comment!:D

Lemme know what yah think!:D