"I don't see a reason you'll bother." Our eyes met. And it was the first time in a while since I'd seen his captivating emerald green orbs properly.

"If...you say so." I nodded and smiled at him. "I don't have a specific place to go to in mind. I might bore you."

"I have one that I think you'll like." His hand was then brought up, he passed a bottle to me.

A bottle of sparkling water. It wasn't new, it was drunken halfway. "You might want to drink that, you're looking dehydrated. You don't want to pass out."

Oh, so he's telling me to drink it. The bottle was very cold, and droplets were splattered on the surface of the bottle. It was foggy too. However, it was halfway drunk up. He probably drank half of it earlier. Not like I'm complaining though.

And instead of saying thank you, a stupid question came into my mind. And I got the strong urge to take over once again.

"Awh, you care for me? That's really nice." I didn't even regret saying it, to be honest.

Although what was said was a joke to me, Inui gave me a serious answer, "I'm just being nice but yes, I do."

"I was joking Inui."

"I know. But I'm not, especially the 'I care for you' part."
It made me feel this weird electrifying feeling inside my heart, I suddenly grinned. It may make me look stupid, but smiling towards some genuine words that someone said is more stupid. I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore. I didn't care. It's Inui who's talking anyway.

What a simp.
I've always liked him during junior high, it's kind of nostalgic.

"Where are we heading to?" I then proceeded to ask. I twisted the green cap of the bottle and opened it, hearing the sharp noise for a second before it all disappeared. Sparkling water is much similar to drinking soda. I brought the mouth of the bottle to my mouth and took a couple of chugs. Peach-flavored, I could taste the bland peach flavor.

"The beach. You know. There's one near here. Onjuku Chuo beach."

"Ah," I hummed. What a simple answer. I continued taking small sips of the beverage he gave me minute by minute.

Wait a minute.

It's his.

I'm drinking from where he drank! Oh my God, what... At this point, I didn't know what to feel. But to sum up every emotion I'm feeling right now, I'm flabbergasted, panicking, and flustered at the same time.

This is what they call an indirect kiss...? So this is what they felt as written in those romance books I read. I stared at the bottle, completely speechless. I wanted to shout, squeal, groan, or whatever. Just scream, but I couldn't. And by the fact, I was resisting the urge to not let emotions be painted on my face so visibly, I know for a reason that my face right now is flaming red.

"Are you okay?" Inui then turned to me. "Your face is burning." The male placed his hand on my forehead, checking my temperature while slightly leaning in. Too close, god damn it.

"Y-yeah, yeah, I'm fine. The sparkling water was spicy-" WHAT DID I JUST SAY?

"Spicy?" Inui laughed between his words. This guy is just so...

"No, I didn't say that. I said it's hot, the weather. The weather's very hot."

He laughed again and said, "You're that hot? Come on, we're here."

And indeed we were. I didn't even notice.

The beach. Strangely, nobody else was around. The beach was silent, all you could hear were waves splashing the surface of the sand.