Chapter Six

Chapter Six

   Lola and I lay on my bed, Lola in my arms. "So, Lo, how can you give me an alibi?" I asked, running my fingers through her long, auburn, ringlets.

"Well, you were with me on Friday and Saturday, you coudn't've done it." Lola answered.

"Couldn't have?" I asked.

"Didn't. You were with me, like I said, both days and if the kid was there any longer then they'd've been dead when they were found. You see what I mean?"

"Yeah. Wait, what were we doing on Friday and Satuurday?"

"Well, on Friday, you came round to mine and my family saw you - so they can back you up too. And we went for a walk on Saturday, then came to your house, then you walked me home - once again, my parents'll back you up. So, you're sorted. They can't charge you."

"You're an evil genius." I said, grinning.

"Indeed." Lola laughed and kissed my arm.

   After laying there for a while, muttering about random things, I moved Lola so she was facing me and kissed her passionately. My hands were running through Lola's hair as we kissed, her hands stroking my cheeks. We had stripped down to our underwear and were kissing tenderly. I lifted Lola up and moved her so that she was lying on my chest. I stroked the small of her back and, between heavy breaths, said "I love you, Lo."

Lola grinned, giggled, stroked my chest with her baby finger and said"I've always loved you."

"I'll always love you."

"Forever."

"Exactly." And with that Lola moved and started to nibble on my neck. I enjoyed it, kissing her neck, then I could smell blood.

   Mine.

   I pulled away and sat up. Lola looked at me, hurt. "What's up?" She asked me, sitting up next to me.

"I'm not going to let you have any of my blood. I won't." I said, calmly.

"Okay. I'm sorry, but I swear I wasn't trying to get any of your blood. I'm sorry, though." Lola said, getting up, off of the bed, and getting her clothes.

"Lo." I said, she didn't answer. "Babe." She still didn't answer. I got off of the bed and walked over to her. I put my hands on her shoulders and said "Lola, I'm sorry if I upset you, I wasn't trying to. It's just, I couldn' live with myself if you were changed."

"I know. I get it, you don't want to get hurt." Lola replied, quietly.

"Wait, what?"

"You don't want to change me because you think that you'd've ruined my life. But...you wouldn't. You'd just make it better."

"Huh?"

"You know I don't like my folks. I don't like school. You're about the only thing in my life that I like. But you'd be hurt, because you'd feel awful, because you changed me."

"Yeah, you're right. I won't change you because I don't want to ruin your life. You may say that you hate your life but...I know you don't."

"And you know that how?"

"Because whenever I see you you're always smiling."

"That's because seeing you makes me smile." Lola sat down on the bed, a tear spilling down her cheek, with only her skirt pulled on. I sat down next to her and put my arm around her shoulder. She leaned on me and tears started to drip off of her nose and chin.

I wiped the salty tears away and said "Shush, shush, shush, calm down. It's alright, I'm here for you." I lifted her onto my lap and rocked her gently. Lola nuzzled her face into my chest, silently crying.

   We sat there for a while until Lola fell asleep. I got Beth to call and say that she was staying at ours, in the guest room. I tucked Lola in bed and went and got my heated blood from Beth. Alex was home now. "You alright, Sean?" He asked me.

"Yeah...um, yeah, thanks." I said after a while. Alex looked at me funnily.

"You sure?"

"I don't know."

"Why?"

"Well, I'm a prime suspect for something that I didn't do."

"Yeah, I can see where that would be bad. Well do you wanna' come into the lounge and tell me and Beth?"

"Um, yeah.

   After I'd explained what I'd been told at school, Beth looked at me and said "So, did you do it?"

"NO! I didn't. I even have an alibi.."

"Do you?" Alex asked.

"Yeah, Lo and I were talking about it earlier. On Friday, I was at hers so her and her parents can back me up and on Saturday I went for a walk with Lo and then we came here and then I walked her home so you guys and her parents can back me up then. We have it sorted. Sorta'."

"Okay, well, we'll do all we can to help you." Alex said.

"Yeah, and we believe you." Beth said.

"Thanks, guys." I said smiling at them.