Chapter Eleven

Depuis le début

Her teeth sink deeper and she holds him tightly until he pulls her away. She knows that she is going to be the only solid thing in his life for a short time until he adjusts to what has happened. As his wife and mate she needs to do what she can to comfort him.

She falls asleep in her brother's comforting hold, waking once the car comes to a stop. She rubs her eyes and Alaric looks down at her with worry. "Are you ready to see him?" She nods and sits up, stiff from sleeping in the car. She steps out of the car and makes a mad dash for the front gate, letting it open as the security team verifies her identity.

She isn't dressed fancy or anything but her only concern is that she needs to see her husband. She rushes ahead of everybody into the mansion and finds herself in front of vladimirs study door. She opens the door to see her mate head down on the desk. "Dylan?"

His head snaps up and he is in front of her in a matter of seconds, pulling her into the study. He shuts and locks the door behind her and she can see the half empty whiskey bottle on the desk "Princess, oh you have returned." His lips meet hers and she opens herself up to his advances. One of his hands grasp her breast as the other begins to pull at her pants.

"What do you need?" She asks breathlessly as he pulls at her pants.

"You." She backs away from his advances, remembering the reason she left in the first place. Sex is not something she feel comfortable giving him because her body is still sore from Alexander's attack.

"I'm sorry, I can't give you that yet. I can offer you my blood and comfort but my body is still off limits." She says sitting against the desk, wrapping her arms around her abdomen. He may have lost his father in a horrific attack but she lost her sense of privacy and safety in one as well, now that monster is once more at large.

Princess...

She feels the tears drip down her cheeks as she feels angry at herself. She can't give her husband the one thing he wants from her because she is too weak to overcome what happened to her.

I'm sorry. I just can't.

She is quickly in his arms, wrapped in that embrace once more, and the numbing feeling that comes with it. She feels him kiss her fang scar before digging his fangs into that same spot.

I've craved this, your blood is the only thing that satisfies my hunger. I can wait for your body but I can't wait for this.

Her fingers dig into his shoulders, there is pain with his bite, which isn't common between the two of them. She tries to connect with him like she had before but there is a wall up, all she can feel is emptiness.

"Dylan, you're hurting me." She whispers and he pulls away but as he looks at her she only sees two dark voids instead of those beautiful green eyes of his. He spins her around so that she is facing away from him.

"Put your hands on the desk and stay still." Her blood runs cold as he wraps his arms around her body. Her body listens to his demand without hesitation and his hands run up her shirt as he digs his fangs into the unmarked side of her neck. She grits her teeth against the feeling of his arousal against her backside and for a moment the feeling of his command wavers.

His hand grasps her breast and she whimpers, she doesn't want to be touched. She knows that this is not the normal Dylan, that something with him is extremely off. Her vision waivers as he continues to drink from her, taking much more than he normally would.

Help! Somebody help! This isn't my Dylan!

She begins to move against him, trying to get him to let her go before she loses consciousness. There is no answer to her mental cry for help and she feels like it is in vain as his other hand begins to pull at the waistband of her exercise pants.