Reunion in La Union

Start from the beginning

Last week, I saw Francine breaking down inside her room. I was about to call her for dinner but I caught her crying instead. Her Television was usually loud kaya hindi na 'ko nag-taka. She was stressed about her finals. She almost failed. Nahabol niya naman kahit papaano. Hindi rin nagalit si Bea. Hindi namin pine-pressure si Francine sa academics niya since alam namin kung gaano kahirap ang pagaaral ngayon. But she was the one who was pressuring herself. Lalo na when she knew that Bea had a lot of awards during high school and college. Tapos Dean's Lister pa siya nung college. Sinong hindi mape-pressure, 'di ba?

I can also see how tired Bea is. She's a successful woman. Maraming doktor under her team but she still chooses to go to work. She doesn't want to leave them behind. She wanted to be with everyone in every step of the way. 

"You hungry?" I asked Francine. She turned to me before pouting. She was looking at me, and then her iPad. Nagdadalawang isip kung kakain ba o magpapatuloy sa pagaaral. 

"It's a Sunday.." I tried to convince her. She finally let out a wide smile before turning the television off. I helped her to fix her bed before we went out. 

Sabi ko sakanya ay mauna na siya sa baba because I had to check on Brent in the nursery. As soon as I opened the door, a cold air from the Air-Conditioner welcomed me. I turned the lamp on and I was surprised to see Beau awake. He didn't even cry. I turned the Air-Con off before I went to him. Dahan-dahan ko siyang kinarga. 

"Good morning, little guy.." I greeted him in my soft voice. He made tiny sounds which made me smile. Kinuha ko ang gatas at bote'ng gagamitin niya bago bumaba. I was struggling to carry him and his milk which he probably felt that's why he kept still on our way down. 

Beau, our second eldest was already in the dining area, seated beside Francine, in front of Bea. 

"hello, my love!" Bea greeted as she ran towards me to carry Brent. 

"Bakit nung nagising ako hindi ka ganyan?" I joked. Inirapan niya ako bago dumiretso sa dining table. I pulled Brent's high chair and placed it between Bea and I. 

Gumawa lang si Bea saglit ng gatas ni Brent before we started eating. Studying wasn't allowed over breakfast but I still caught Francine listening to a case disease discussion. I saw her airpod hidden behind her hair. Hindi ko nalang pinansin at hinayaan ko nalang. Kung aawatin ko siya ngayon, magaaral lang siya sa dagat mamaya. 

Francine volunteered to wash the dishes. I told Beau to take a bath already. Sinabay naman ni Bea ang pagpupunas kay Brent sa shower niya. I also helped her and told Francine na bihisan si Brent.

Bea and I took a bath together and of course, it ended up with a little quickie. Napatagal pa kami ng thirty minutes kaya napagalitan ako ni commander. Nagmadali tuloy kami sa pagiimpake at sa paglalagay ng mga gamit sa kotse. 

Nag-drive thru kami sa McDo to buy something to eat habang nasa byahe. Four hours ang byahe so I told Bea to take the opportunity to take a nap. 

"Sinong kakausap sa 'yo? Aantukin ka," Umiling ako. I told her na dadaldalin naman ako ni Francine kaya matulog na siya. Obviously, it was a cover up. Francine was seated at the back alone. She was studying while Brent and Beau was sleeping.