xiii. she said he said she said

________________________________________

BITTERSWEET
:: xiii. | she said he said she said

The next morning had finally come around. It was 6:50 in the morning and Vanessa abruptly shot up. She remembered the little baggy and leaving it on the table, but what did jj do with it? Her eyes were wide and her head quickly turned to jj who had just woken up as well too.

"Did you leave the baggy on the table last night?"

Jj instantly sat up with her eyes widen. That's all the answer Vanessa needed. They both quickly got out of bed and rushed down to the kitchen where they abruptly stopped when they saw Cole pouring a cup of coffee.

Cole turned around after placing the coffee cup back into the machine. She smiled at the two women but a questionable look came across her face. Before she turned around to pour two more cups of coffee, she asked a rather odd question to the two adults.

"Are you guys like— seeing each other?" Cole was curious.

Jennifer immediately shot that accusation down, "No. Why?"

Vanessa just stared at jj as if she hoped for a different answer maybe. Her eyes then shifted towards her daughter who had shrugged her shoulders and turned back around. Vanessa took that as an opportunity to grab the small baggy off the table. She then rushed upstairs, leaving Jennifer in the kitchen to get their coffees from Cole.

Eventually jennifer returned back upstairs with the two coffees in her hands. Once she stepped into the room, she noticed Vanessa wasn't there. She called out for her as she placed the cups down on the bedside table. There wasn't an answer back so she made her way to the bathroom and found Vanessa flushing the drug down the toilet.

She couldn't believe her worse thoughts surfaced when Vanessa didn't answer. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as Vanessa turned to face her. Jj went and reached her hand out, grabbing the baggy from Vanessa. They held each other's hand, the other didn't want to let go. Vanessa's eyes shifted everywhere else as she took her hand back before walking out the bathroom.

All jj could think of was weird.

• • •

After Cole went off to school, Vanessa hitched a ride with jj to the BAU. She wanted to talk with Morgan. Jj being the protective friend she is, tried to intervene before anything happened but Vanessa kept saying it was nothing. Nothing too big. Jennifer took her word for it as they pulled into the building garage.

The two got out the car and went to the elevator that soon led up to the sixth floor. Jj let Vanessa walk off the elevator first then she followed behind, heading towards the glass double doors.

Vanessa opened the door as she walked in and saw Morgan at his desk. She immediately went over there and sat on his desk. Derek placed his pencil down as he leaned back in his black chair.

He lightly chuckled, "Well this is a surprise."

"I hate false promises." Vanessa continued, "If you're not going to fulfill it, then don't make it. It makes me expect, only to be let down."

"We had a case. It got busy. I'm sorry." He spoke softly.

Vanessa nodded, "I just want to know you'll come through and even though you won't be there all the time, you'll still be there."

"Definitely." He gently grabbed her hand, "I want this to work. I want us."

She lightly smiled as she whispered, "Ok."

She gave him one last smile before getting up and began heading out the BAU. Jj watched the whole interaction and she had a lot of opinions. She already knew sometime soon derek and Vanessa were going to crash and burn, she just knew him that well. She's expecting him to mess up and she doesn't know why.

• • •

As Vanessa was on the elevator down to the first level, her phone was ringing in her pocket. She pulled it out and answered the unknown number, placing her phone to her ear. There an automatic voice began to speak.

"This call is coming from the men's correctional facility from the inmate Miguel Reigns. If you would like to answer, please press one."

Vanessa was hesitant at first but she pressed it anyway.

"I'm surprised you answered."

"What do you want?" Her tone was quite stern and to the point.

"I got court coming soon and you're usually there to back me up. Please tell me this time isn't different."

Vanessa scoffed, "You do remember I have a restraining order against you?"

"Then take it off." He almost sounded desperate, "I'm in here with the worst kind of people and the only thing that's got me going is the thought of you and Cole. Please? I have to see you."

Vanessa deeply sighed, "When is it?"

"I'll tell my lawyer to call you."

The call hung up and just as the elevator door opened on the first floor, she pressed the sixth floor and went back up. Hotchner helped her get the restraining order and now she needed his help to remove it. She couldn't believe she was doing this after the long wind speech she gave Cole.

Once she got off the elevator on the sixth floor, she sighed before heading in. Luckily as she walked back in, she saw the agents were still at their desk. No case yet, so she took that as an opportunity to walk pass everyone and immediately head to Aaron's office. She knocked on the door and he gladly let her in.

a/n: how do we feel withthe Vanessa and Miguel thing?

a/n:
how do we feel with
the Vanessa and Miguel
thing?