Chapter sixteen

Seventy four votes and three hundred views! I'm literally peeing my pants right now! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Here's a thank you chappie :-))))))))))))

As I slipped through the front double doors to the school I could already hear people beginning to whisper about me. I ignored them and for the first time, kept my head held high.

"Hey fat-eline! How you doing!? Wanna quick snog?" Someone yelled from the crowd.

I pushed past another person and built a mental barrier around myself. No one would penetrate my wall. I was safe and okay and no one could hurt me.

I glanced up to see Yasmin, hair freshly dyed blonde and Phoebe smirking at me.

"Hello Adeline. It's nice to see you back at school." Yasmin faked.

"Hi." I said, and made to turn away. Phoebe's hand was suddenly threaded in my hair as she yanked me back.

"Adeline! We want to talk with you." She snarled in a sugary-sweet voice.

"Well I don't was to talk to you." I told them calmly and slapped Phoebe's flat stomach, causing her arms to automatically snake around her waist as she hissed at the sudden pain.

Oh, did I mention Will has been helping me a little with self defence?

I strode into my first class and smiled at Mrs Heart. She looked taken back, before grinning widely at me and gesturing to come see her.

"Hello, dear. You look a lot happier!" She said.

"I am, Mrs Heart. I feel better than ever!" I exclaimed.

"Okay." I began to walk to my seat. "It's good to have you back, Adeline." She said softly from behind me.

"It's good to be back." I sat down at my seat, making sure not to take my books out until the whole class was seated.

This time, I didn't bother to hand my homework to Chris, I just stood up and handed it to Mrs Heart myself, ignoring everyone's curious eyes.

There was a knock on the door and Mr Duncan and a new boy came in. "Mrs Heart, this is Peter, he's from Aberdeen."

"Hello Peter!" Mrs Heart shook his hand. "Where would you like to sit, dear?"

My heart pumped faster as his handsome warm brown eyes found me and said, "Next to her."

Chris, Georgia, Phoebe and Yasmin all burst out laughing.

"You can do better than that, mate!" Chris shouted.

"Oh, the poor babe must be blind." Yasmin laughed as she flipped her gorgeous hair.

"Settle down!" Mrs Heart yelled. "How dare you talk to another pupil like that!?"

"Sorry Mrs Heart." They mumbled.

"Do not apologise to me! Apologise to Adeline." All through this, the head teacher and new boy stood there awkwardly. The new boy has probably just realised what a social outcast I am, and choosing somewhere else to sit.

Mrs Heart took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Peter. Now, where was it you wanted to sit?"

"Next to her." He pointed to me. My cheeks flushed. He still wanted to sit next to me!?

"Okay Adeline, can you scoot over to the double desk next to you please?"

I lifted my bag and stepped behind the double desk. Peter was coming towards me, a hot grin plastered on his delicious face.

"Hey." He said quietly as he sat beside me.

"Hi. I'm Adeline."

"Hey Adeline. I'm Peter." He shook my hand.

Mrs Heart started talking while I continued to stare at Peter. He had ruffled curly brown hair, chocolate eyes and spotless pale skin. He was wearing jeans, not too skinny nor baggy, a plain white t-shirt and a green hoodie.

"Adeline?"

"Adeline!"

I was snapped out of my lustful trance by an irritated Mrs Heart. "Sorry. What was the question?"

"What is another word for speech marks?" She said with an annoyed look on her face.

"Inverted commas." I answered.

"Correct. Inverted commas can also known as quotation marks..." I returned my eyes back to Peter and was surprised to find him studying me!

"Adeline?" His eyes were so gorgeous I could sink right into his pools of chocolate.

"Yes?" I breathed.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."