Chapter 2: I Know This Place

Start from the beginning

Carlotta made an 'aha' sound, seeming to say that she knew it.

Nonetheless, Leferve continued, "it is my pleasure to introduce to you the two gentlemen who now own the Opera Populaire: Monsieur Richard Firmin and Monsieur Gilles Andre."

Andre waved to the now applauding crowd as Firmin simply nodded to them.

"I'm sure you've read of their recent fortune in the junk business," Leferve commented.

"Scrap metal, actually," Andre corrected, looking slightly offended.

Eve rolled her eyes as she heard some of the ballerinas whisper about how they must be rich.

"And we're deeply honored to introduce our new patron," Firmin stated.

"The Vicomte de Chagny!" Andre exclaimed, beside himself with excitement.

The crowd applauded once more, and Eveline shared a glance with Christine, a smirk on the former's face at her "sister's" blush.

Eve couldn't believe her eyes when Patrick Wilson, Raoul, walked out into the stage. She nudged Christine slightly.

"Look who it is, Christine," she mused in a teasing tone, causing the blushing brunette to hide her face in Eve's shoulder.

"Who is he?" Meg asked, clearly curious about the man who made her friend so flustered.

"His name is Raoul. We grew up together before our father died, at the house by the sea. He and Christine were childhood sweethearts," Eveline elaborated, having the lines from the movie memorized, laughing softly as Christine poked her side.

"He called me Little Lotte and Eve Little Eevee," Christine mumbled, looking up at the man.

Meg gently shook her by the shoulders, a giddy smile on her face, "Christine, he's so handsome."

Raoul sent a charming smile to the group, "My parents and I are honored to support all the arts, especially the world-renowned Opera Populaire."

Leferve continued to introduce Carlotta and Piangi to Raoul who apologized for interrupting rehearsal before leaving, not giving Christine or Eveline a second glance.

Christine looked at her two companions with a sad smile, "He wouldn't recognize us,"

"He didn't see you," Meg assured.

Eveline hugged Christine to her side, "We'll see him again, I promise."

Christine smiled at her sister, leaning into her embrace. Eveline has no clue how she already felt so comfortable with Christine, seeming to accept her as blood immediately. She could tell she was older than Christine, and that gave her an overwhelming urge to protect her "little sister."

"If you please," Madame Giry called to the ballet girls, gesturing for Firmin to move out of the way, "Monsieur."

Eve, Meg, Christine, and the other ballet girls began to dance. Eveline had never been in the ballet portion of Phantom, but the dance felt like second nature to her. She assumed it was the fact that she was now a character in this world who had, most likely, been practicing this dance for weeks.

"We take a particular pride here in the excellence of our ballets, Messrs," Madame Giry stated proudly s the girls danced.

"I see why," Andre agreed, before gesturing to Meg, "Especially that little blonde angel."

"My daughter: Meg Giry," Madame stated, causing Andre's eyes to widen as he looked between the two women.

"And that exceptional beauty? No relation, I trust?" Firmin asked, gesturing to Christine.