"Truth"

Max

I heard knocking coming from the front door. I answered. It was Lucas.

Max - "Lucas, what are you doing? I thought you were heading back to Hawkins."

Lucas - "Why didn't you tell me the truth?"

Max - "What are you talking about?"

Lucas - "Don't play with me anymore. I know."

I finally knew what he was talking about.

Max - "Sadie, go to your room."

Sadie - "Mom?"

Max - "Now."

Sadie went to her room and shut the door.

Lucas - "Why didn't you tell me that I'm her real father! You just told me a bullshit story! Were you even going to tell me the truth?!"

Max - "I - I couldn't."

Lucas - "What do you mean you couldn't?"

Max - "When I found out I was pregnant with her, I didn't want to tell you because we just broke up. I didn't want you stressing and getting back together with me."

Lucas - "So you told your friends the same lie? Telling them that you dated some random guy and had Sadie? Why would you tell that instead of the truth? Why did you have to lie?"

Max - "I was scared! I was scared Lucas! Too many things were going through my head and like I said, I didn't want to tell you because I'd think you wouldn't want to do anything with me anymore! I thought you just maybe you wanted to continue on your life without me."

Lucas

Max slid down the wall and cried.

Lucas - "You could've just told me instead of lying to me and everyone else."

Max - "I'm sorry."

Lucas - "No. You're way passed sorry."

Max - "Lucas!"

I walked out of the house, got into my truck and drove away.

Max

What have I done? 😭