Can I Borrow the Helicopter?

Start from the beginning

"Please don't make me play catch. That's just gonna get ugly." Leo says. "So, Big D, can I ask you a question?"

"I don't know. Can you?" Mr. Davenport says.

"It's funny every time," Leo says, opening the fridge and taking out a juice box. "So...let's just say there's this girl you wanted to ask out."

"I would never do that!" Mr. Davenport shouts down the hall. He looks at Leo. "Wait, your mom didn't put you up...Oh, then never mind. Sorry. Carry on."

"See, there's this girl I really like, and we like a lot of the same things: Science, comic books, and I...I thought she smiled at me one time, but instead of smiling back, I did one of these." Leo puts his tongue out as he smiles.

"Leo, I...I think I know what you're trying to say. Um...you're in love!" Mr. Davenport says.

"No! No! I am not in love! I am not in love!" Leo says. "I'm just carefully exploring my options as I adventure into a place I like to call Ladyland."

"You have no idea what you're doing, do you?" Mr. Davenport says.

Leo shakes his head. "Not a clue."

"Well, the first time I met your mom, I offered her a ride in my futuristic, high-speed helicopter." Mr. Davenport says.

"So I can borrow the helicopter?" Leo says.

"That's a great idea...in an alternate universe where bad ideas are great." Mr. Davenport says. "Leo, what I'm trying to say is, you're like me. You know, you're smart and you're handsome, but people think you're a nerd, so you've got to be flashy so they know how cool you are."

"Okay. Be flashy. Got it. I'm gonna try some of that on Janelle. But let's keep that between us, okay?" Leo says.

"Absolutely." Mr. Davenport says. "What happens in Ladyland stays in Ladyland."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Down in the lab, Chase is meditating, and I was hitting a punching bag when Adam walks in and knocks over a gong with a dusty chair. "Whoo! So, I was looking for stuff to spruce up our new pad, and I found this awesome chair. Someone just left it on the curb with a take me, I'm free sign on it. Suckas!" Adam says.

Adam taps the chair, releasing a cloud of dust and making Chase cough. "Oh, look, and it comes with a free chihuahua," Adam says. He lifts the cushion of the chair to reveal a rat.

"Adam! That's a rat!" I say, walking up to my brothers.

"Oh, good, then it won't keep me up with its barking," Adam says.

"Adam, get that chair out of here right now," Chase says.

"Well, if I do that, then where's the rat supposed to live?" Adam asks.

"How 'bout we check with the neighbor's cat," I say with a smirk.

"Hey, if you guys don't like my rat, then why did Chase buy him such a fancy little hot tub?" Adam says.

"No! You keep that disease-ridden thing out of my zen fountain." Chase says.

"And if he can't swim in it, then I don't want it in here," Adam says.

"The fountain stays," Chase says.

"The rat stays," Adam says.

"I'm gonna go back to my punching bag," I say, annoyed with Adam and Chase's fighting.

"Okay, there is only one solution for this. We'll have to split the room down the middle." Chase says.

"Fine. Me and my pet will be happy right over here." Adam says, taking the right side of the lab.