Chapter - XII [Jeete Hai Chal]

Start from the beginning

Anupamaa was sleeping peacefully due to the effects of injection doctor gave her, unaware of what challenges life had planned for her ahead. As the first warm rays of sun fell on her cold skin, she woke up and her mind brought her back to reality as she found herself in Anuj Kapadia's bedroom. All the incidents of last night played like a film again. She thought of sleeping forever to run away from all the chaos.

It's weird how we fear death while it's much more peaceful than life. Every moment she wanted to die. The pain of betrayal was killing her from inside. Anuj saw her awake and came near her.

"Tum theek ho naa Anu...."

Anupama nodded her head in yes. And remembered that she did see the kids since last night.

"Bacche.....Toshu, Samar, Pakhi...Kaha hai....bacche"

She was about to stand when Anuj gestured to her not panic.

"Bacche Mukku ke saath hai, tum please chinta mat karo. They are absolutely fine."

Both the kids loved Mukku, she was their best friend. Mukku knew how to take care of them. She took a breath of relief. Anuj wanted to talk and make sure she was fine. But she immediately stood up from the bed.

"Mujhe Ghar jaana hai.....Ghar jaana hai"

She had never been out of the house for this long since she got married. A housewife found solace in her home no matter what it gave her or not. For her it was not just her husband's house but a place where she made countless relationships with different people, people who cared for her, who loved her. The kapadia residence was welcoming, but still she wanted to go back. Anuj immediately grabbed his car keys and gestured for her to move.
Mukku took another car to drop the kids as the duo did not want the kids to see their mother in such a state. She handled them well.

Vanraj reached Kapadia residence and was informed by GK that kids and Anupama had already left.
He sped up and rushed his friend's car at the speed of 120 through the streets of Ahemdabad. He took a short cut to reach home before them.

SHAH RESIDENCE

As soon he arrived, he saw Moti Baa waiting at the entrance ready with a canon of difficult questions. She was fuming with Anger. Baa heard Car's Noise and came out. She went running towards him and hugged him.

"Tu kaha chala gya tha beta. Hum sab kitna Darr gye the pata hai, tu theek to hai naa"

Vanraj was looking at Motibaa but couldn't see her in eyes as he was scared, she would read everything that he had been hiding for so many years now.

"Mai theek ho Baa, Andar chale..."

He came near the entrance and was about to enter that Moti Baa stopped him, she looked straight in his eyes.

"Anupamaa aur Bacche kaaha hai......"

Motibaa had got shock of her life when Anuj had told her about the happenings last night. She did not believe what she heard or rather refused to believe. She knew her grandson had anger issues and was careless but never ever did she think even in her dreams that he would cheat on his wife. She wanted to confirm everything with him so she didn't tell anyone.

Vanraj immediately bent his head down and entered the house saying :

"Mujhe kuch bhi nai pata Motibaa....."

Everyone gathered in the hall. Vanraj was surprised to see them. Baa informed him that they had come for the first celebration with the newborn baby as decided earlier. Moti Baa ordered him to tell everything that happened last night.