Reaching out her hand, she took hold of his overly large one, instantly warming her whole body up.

"What were you and Yas talking about on the bus?" Esme genuinely asked. She witnessed them talking but didn't hear anything about it.

"Oh, uh... she was just asking if we had a test in mad science today." Warren nodded, reassuring himself that that's what they were talking about.

Esme shrugged and followed Warren until she got to her locker. Opening it up, she noticed that Warren had disappeared. Being a little upset and worried she hurriedly got her materials out for her first class. Walking around and along the hallways, she finally made it to the end of the main hall.

Her eyes caught the sight of Yasmine and Warren talking in secret in an empty classroom. Esme's heart began to hurt as she saw them interacting together. She was hoping nothing was forming between the two.

Walking away from the scene, she made it to mad science and sat down in her seat, but she was pressed up against the edge of the seat. She wasn't sure why she was so upset, but she knew she was.

Warren appeared a few moments after the bell had rang and so had Yasmine. Making Esme's heart hurt even more.

Warren noticed how far away Esme was and was very confused. He scooched closer to Esme, but her eyes were locked onto the board.

Sighing softly, Warren opened his book and began taking down some notes. He scribbled down as best as he could while his brain began to think and worry about Esme and why she was acting so oddly.

•••

School days felt a lot shorter since it was getting close to the end of the school year. Well, in Esme's case, she felt that way.

While most of her classmates were getting lunch and hanging out at the cafeteria, Esme decided she wanted to eat in her history class, to get away from all the voices in her head and outside of it. She thought,'If Yas and Warren want to start hanging out so much, mind as well give them time to do so.'

Esme hated feeling this way. Everything was crumbling down, and nobody knew nor was asking if she was okay. First, her dad is getting out of prison, and now her two best friends are secretly meeting up.

How could this get any worse?

•••

Warren sat at the usual table that the pyro and electro would share together. He waited, and waited, and waited until the lunch line evaporated, and Esme was nowhere to be seen. He was very worried at this point and was about to get up to go look for Esme until Yas pushed him down and sat next to him.

"Alright, so you know the plan for tonight, then right?" Yasmine stared at Warren as she pointed at him.

"Yes. Esme will be at the fountain in the commons tonight at 8 and will be playing, I'll show up around 9 with flowers. Then, once she is done performing for the night, I will ask her to dance." Warren related everything  Yas had trained and put into his head.

"One thing, though. I'm not wearing a tux to this thing." Warren hissed before moving away from Yas since the bell had rang.

Warren walked down the hallway with a book and his bag in his hands, about to put it in his backpack until he heard the sound of a door open. Looking up, he saw the beautiful scene of what looked like an angel walking out of their history classroom towards the gym.