melted kiss 🌙 choisbxtch

Start from the beginning

" can you speak ? "

strange. she could somehow understand what the person meant. while still not having a complete grasp on the words of what was being spoken.

words served no purpose for her. perhaps she had forgotten to speak.

not getting any response from jaeryu, the person tried speaking again.

" would you like to eat ? "

". . . . yes "

☁️

jaeryu instinctively gobbled up food from the plate the moment it was placed before her. one by one she was devouring it all.

the person sat beside her. a look of pity directed at the oblivious girl. a hand guided to the top of jaeryu's head, subtly patting against the long unkempt hair.

jaeryu stopped eating and raised her eyes to meet the person's gaze. he retraced his hands, embarrassed, muttering a small apology and stood from the chair, trying to walk away.

abruptly he came to a halt as jaeryu clasped his wrist.

" why did you save me ?

he stumbled with his words, initially, taken aback as he assumed she would not speak for a day or two seeing that she was still recovering.

" oh? why you a-ask?. . . i can't ignore someone in need when i can help. . .  "

jaeryu stared at him, eyes grazing, waiting.

you look familiar.
like that person.

he weakly smiled. at his own thoughts. at jaeryu.

" yeonjun "

gently pushing the jaeryu's hand he introduced himself. promising that they could have a conversation after she's fully recovered he urged her to go back to sleep for now.

☁️

two weeks had gone by and jaeryu was back to health. she became a little more indulged and helped yeonjun with the household chores. yet she did not speak much and so far jaeryu knew the boy's name.

jaeryu felt strange. strange with the way yeonjun behaved. all gentle and sweet and caring and bold. she could not grasp him. or his intentions.

they sat near the fireplace. the fire lit the whole room. yeonjun was keeping the fire from burning out. jaeryu eyed him. gaze fixed at his face.

" is something on my face ? "

yeonjun asked.
there was no reply.

silence followed. both pairs of eyes now focus on the burning wood.

" may i know your name "

he started again. trying to dissolve the tense atmosphere that he felt bothered the guest.

silence ensued. and yeonjun was starting to lose hope with the conversation. afraid that it might have been too soon, he brushed it off with a smile.

" jaeryu "

she muttered. not looking at yeonjun.

yeonjun hummed. and again. silence.

jaeryu could not speak freely, the questions that bothered her. and as if yeonjun read her mind he suggested that jaeryu can ask him questions if she had any, now that they've shared the same roof for little over two weeks.