Chapter 87. Seventh Year Ten ☾

Start from the beginning

"Why would we want them to know we are keeping an auror captive?" Severus asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, don't worry. I edit all that out before sending the final parchment."

"Hey!" Draco glared. "I thought you promised: no edits."

"It's a matter of Hogwarts-security. I checked with Madame Pince. Apparently, there are a few by-laws in place that I have to follow…"

"Enough!" Severus growled.

"At least we can be happy no student has sent parents letters about Professor Malfoy's 'special friend'," Neville said, finally looking up. "Good morning, Professor Tonks."

The headmaster turned to find his fiance, her hair dark red. "Dear, please remember to breathe."

"Why did I agree to teach again?" she whispered dangerously.

Luna's eyes sparkled. "Because your job is currently non-existent and no one else could teach."

"Just think of it as payback for all those years you attended, darling," Severus said, smirking.

The metamorphmagus turned to her fiance. "I quit."

"No!" Sirius yelled. "That's letting the anarchists win!"

Narcissa and Severus stared at each other. They shook their heads, choosing to remain silent. It was better not to look a gift horse in the mouth by questioning its sudden change in political philosophy.

One in the group, however, had no such qualms. "Who are you and what have you done with Sirius Black?" Kingsley asked, eyes widening in concern. "Your first steps in a plan always included anarchy."

"I am done with letting children rule my life and making my job more difficult," the deputy said, slamming his fist into the door jam. "I'm still all for government anarchy."

The headmaster rubbed his eyes. "I believe I can take over DADA for two weeks until Professor Lupin feels prepared to begin."

"Have we considered the full moon next month?" Sirius asked, pulling out a lunar calendar. "It happens to hit right when he begins."

"Well, considering how the Wolfsbane has actually helped to lessen the pain to the degree he barely has any…" Severus shrugged. "We shall see. He may not have any true time off, he may need one day…"

"And students can always use a catch-up day," Kingsley said, shrugging. The other professors turned and stared at him. "If I have to follow Narcissa around 24/7, you don't think I'm going to learn a few things about teaching, as well as hear some complaints from students?" He shuddered. "And some interesting gossip?"

"So, our new game plan: I teach DADA until Remus is ready to return, and we allow students a day to catch up on any missing assignments during his special time?" Severus asked.

Narcissa smirked. "You make it sound so feminine."

"Fair enough plan. I say, let's break, tear down the 'Dora-Free' zone, have lunch and return in time to catch you up for your afternoon classes," Sirius said, rubbing his hands.

"That sounds decent," Severus agreed. "But what shall we do with the anarchists?"

"We could always make them spend an afternoon with Slughorn, keeping him sober." The deputy crossed his arms. "Parent-teacher conferences are coming up and I want the man off the liquor before the Creevey parents come in wondering why their child was missing eyebrows for a month."

"That, and I do believe Slughorn needs pickled rats brains," Severus added, smirking.

"That's not fair!" Harry said, glaring.