one.

"Home sweet home, Cal." Callie's dad chimed as he opened the door to their new home, it was a two floor villa in the suburbs, it was picture perfect inside and outside with a pool in the backyard too.

Her dad had worked hard to make sure they were always comfortable, and now that he had accepted this new job he could work from home more often to spend more time with his daughter. Callie had yet to find out why he'd chosen to move to Reseda, Los Angeles, but she was sure she'd soon find out.

They both carried their boxes of belongings inside and placed them in the hallway, ready to be unpacked. Her father had brought in the last box with Cassie's trophies and gi inside, he placed it in the small cupboard under the stairs that led upstairs for safe keeping. He didn't want to upset Cassie if she saw it, but he wanted to keep it for when she was ready to get back out there.

Cassie took the time to look around, taking in her new home. She eventually found herself upstairs in a bedroom overlooking the backyard and the pool. She was definitely claiming this room, there was a walk in wardrobe, en-suite bathroom and a window seat perfect for sitting and reading her never ending list of books.

Her dad knocked on the door before he wandered inside, finding Callie laying on her back on the queen bed, it was perfect. Even with all of her worries about the new school and new place, at least she would have a safe place to come home to once she'd added her own personal touches like her fairy lights, fluffy blankets and pillows everywhere.

She felt the mattress move slightly as her dad sat on the edge of the bed, "is this okay for you, Cal?"

"It's perfect, dad."

He smiled down at her, "you can talk to me you know, about anything you need. I'd do anything for you."

"I know, dad. I know." Cassie returned his smile before closing her eyes.

They didn't need to exchange lots of words to know they loved and cared for each other.

"I'll let you get settled, you have a few days before school starts to decorate your room, get to know the place... whatever you want." He said, patting the bed before getting up to leave.

"... dad?"

He stopped at the door and turned to face her.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Calypso." He grinned, he rarely used her proper name, but when he did it made her smile.

After resting on her new bed for a while she started bringing some of her boxes upstairs and unpacking them. She hung her fairy lights around her room and replaced the current bedding with her own, adding extra blankets and pillows and placing her favourite teddy in the middle of her bed. It was starting to look perfect as she hung up a few Polaroid pictures on some string across one of the walls with some of her favourite people and memories.

She reached for the final thing in her boxes, a framed picture of her with her mom. Tears formed in Cassie's eyes as she placed it on her dressing table, she touched the photo lightly, "I miss you so much." She whispered.

Later that night, Cassie snuggled up in her bed and watched a film on her MacBook until she started to fall asleep. Putting away her laptop she closed her eyes and let sleep take over her. Tomorrow she promised herself she'd go out and explore the beach, she'd always loved beaches so she prayed the one close to their new home was perfect.

are you guys okay with short
chapters but more updates???