Rose stares at the ground, sighing loudly. "He's been told to leave by one of the maids."

It seemed as if Tommy still wasn't listening as he pulled out another cigarette, sitting back down.

"I know it's business making you on edge like this, not just Theo. You stay locked away here for hours like some prisoner. You can't even enjoy yourself, not even on a bloody wedding—"

"I can't fucking enjoy myself when a man looks at you the way I do!" Tommy yells, interrupting Rose.

The room grew silent. Awfully silent. All that could be heard was the laughter and cheers of the guests downstairs that echoed repeatedly.

"But I don't look at him the way I look at you." Rose replies softly. "The only person I've ever loved is you, Tommy Shelby. Even when everyone didn't want me to. Even when I didn't want to."

Tommy sighs. It was strange how she always knew what to say to break the walls he had built around him, how she always knew how to use his coal heart to start a fire, and even when he was lost in the darkness of his mind, she'd provide some sort of flicker of light.

"I'll be honest, this isn't the life my aunt or my mother hoped for me. Renie wanted me to marry differently."

Rose begins to walk towards him, Tommy doesn't move.

"But I have told you countless times that I would rather have a life I'm unsure about with you, than a life I am certain about without you." She continues.

Tommy stands up, making his way towards the window and distancing himself. Her words replayed in his head as he overlooked the green pastures outside and the dark sky setting above it.

"I'll be downstairs." Rose finishes, slightly hurt.

Just as she is about to leave the room, Tommy faces her.

"Wait."

Rose turns back around, a little concerned at his sudden words.

Tommy opens his mouth to speak, but it was never exactly easy saying how he felt when he felt it.

"The clip in your hair, it's um, slipping off." Tommy points out, changing the subject.

Rose's hand immediately touches her hair, trying to readjust the rhinestone hair-clip. "It's always falling out, I feel like throwing the whole bloody thing away—"

"Come here." He was already walking in her direction.

Gently, he moves her light blonde hair out the way, tucking it behind her ear. It was ironic, how he was a sinful blood stained gangster with hands of steel, but when those very hands touched Rosella, they became softer, they became pure.

He wasn't Thomas Shelby around her, he was just Tommy.

"There." Tommy whispers, fixing the hair clip firmly.

Rose's big hazel eyes were already on him by the time Tommy looked back down at her.

His eyes darted from her gaze to her plump lips repeatedly. There was nothing more he wanted to do in that moment than kiss her. So he did. His lips smashed against hers in the most passionate manner. She was all that mattered to him. With all the chaos in his head, she was his peace.