From behind, Narcissa hastily walked to her son's side and quietly, she laced her fingers through his. It was the only way she could offer him comfort without any words. 

It had to be done... She tells herself. She had to do this in order to survive— For her precious son to live. And for that, he needed to pledge allegiance to him. That was all that mattered to Narcissa, she didn't care as long as Draco was with her, as long as her family was with her. He was all she needed to live through this dreadful fate and she would, without another thought, gladly side with the devil to make sure that her son was safe.

When they arrived at the drawing room, lined on both sides of the table were all Deatheaters, mostly faces Draco had not recognised besides a handful of them. Sitting at the end of the long table was the Dark Lord, with both Snape and Cal opposite of each other. The younger Deatheater who was the murderer of Elliot Estoileon gave Draco a jubilant grin, one that Draco simply roll his eyes in return. 

Voldemort had smirked when he had spotted Draco's cold demeanour when the boy had entered with his second-in-command, Bellatrix and Narcissa.

"Draco!" Voldemort rejoiced, he gestured over to the seat next to Snape. "Come, son. We are all waiting for your arrival!" 

Draco took a second to contemplate where this was all going, he was puzzled as to why he was suddenly summoned, let alone set free from his confinement. His aunt skipped past him, bringing Draco behind her before sitting him down as she took the empty seat next to Cal. 

The boy stared at the image of the chandelier above him reflected on the black marble table, not sparing a single glance at anyone, not even his mother nor the Dark Lord who had set his eyes on him ever since he had come. There was no need to look at anyone here, he reminded himself.

There was a deep hatred wallowing inside of him and to even take a glimpse of those people around him would make it boil even more. He absolutely despised being there, even his room would have been a better place to be, despite him just complaining about how much he hated to be in there just a few moments ago. 

His mother sat next to him, poised and reserved as she too had only remained quiet after nodding a greeting to the Dark Lord. She placed one hand on her son's under the table and tapped on his hand, giving him a little strength to be in the same room as this monster that was before their eyes. It was something Draco was grateful for, it was that she was by his side.

"You might all wonder why I have summoned you here this evening," Voldemort started once everyone was present. He eyed the blonde-haired boy before going on, "I have some great news to deliver. First! We have finally managed to infiltrate the Ministry thanks to our old friend here—" he looks ahead at Corban Yaxley, a fellow Deatheater who simpered. Short applause erupted from the mass for the man as Voldemort announced his success in creeping into the British Ministry of Magic, it was only a matter of time until he had spies planted in the organization.

"Our dear friends who had been captured will soon return to us, though it will take some time, will it not, Yaxley?" the Dark Lord questioned.

"I shall make haste for the operation to take place, my lord," Yaxley reassures and his master hummed, pleased with his confidence. 

He then went on more about their path now that the Ministry had finally witnessed his return. Draco merely took his words without any consideration as they flew over his head, all he could hear was more ramblings from the Dark Lord, slandering the non-magical world and their beings, Muggles. There was a string of more insults targeting Harry Potter and it was getting tiresome. Draco wanted to return to his chambers and he'll be glad if he could be excused at this instant.