𝟐𝟒 | 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

He takes my hand in his, giving a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

"You look a little better," He comments, before he clicks his teeth turning his attention upon the fresh gauze, I'm assuming, over my damaged eye. "What happened here......?"

Parting my lips I felt hesitation stuttering my words, shaking my head.

"Just a scratch,"

"Don't bullshit me," sternly scolding me, before slowly taking off the gauze to get a better look. Allowing him to do so, I couldn't open my left eye at the moment. It was painful enough, so opening it will only hurt more. The gauze falls from my left side, feeling the cold hit the freshly scarred wound.

Silence falls between us, while my eye rest emotionless at the ground avoiding eye contact.

To be honest I didn't even know what to say or how to react, but I knew the truth behind this scar. Self conscious under his gaze I was, but I couldn't hide it anyway. It was too obvious, and he knew it was done by someone. He never misses a single detail, I swear. Calloused fingers tenderly touch around my wound, making my eye slowly trail up to meet his grey ones.

The comfortable warm silence was enough to put me at ease, especially the way he would hold my face with care. My stomach was churning, like butterflies were filling that empty space inside. My breath hitches in my throat, when he touches an aching spot. He pauses meeting my eyes, before he sighs deeply.

Should I tell him who it was? Or.......No, no I won't. I can't. It's my own problem to deal with.

"Can you at least open your eye, or was it damaged?"

"Think so, and no......I don't think it was damaged,"

Slowly opening my eye I seethe through my teeth, before seeing light filling my left sides vision. Everything was very blurry and a little darker, but I was able to see. He checks my eye, and he sighs deeply, grabbing the gauze.

"At least......it's not damaged, that's all that matters," he begins to wrap my eye, knowing it wasn't fully healed. Shuffling closer his face was close to my own, making my cheeks burning in response. His breath fans against my lips and nose, while my heart increases. Finally he was finished and pulls away, before his eyes trace me up and down. Studying me.

My eye darts around, averting from his own with colour dusting my cheeks.

"Thanks, so..........what's our next move?" I question, wanting to do anything to help with our current situation with Eren.

"Well, we have that titan brat in the underground cell beneath the courthouse," he explains, folding his arms shuffling more onto the bed. "Four eyes captured two titans and named them, tch, typical that one is."

Chuckling softly a smile curls upon my lips.

Shrugging my shoulders, "She can't help it, besides we need all the information we need on them,"

He nods in agreement, "True, and tomorrow the Garrison and the Cadet Corps will be gathering the bodies of the fallen soldiers," he continues, as my head falls slightly forward with a solemn look. "We don't need another second-hand epidemic to spread, so they're burning the bodies."

My heart sank knowing those very soldiers, were only rookies who were about to graduate and begin their lives. Anger settles within me, but I couldn't express it just feeling exhausted and tired. Levi seems to notice the change in my eyes, before a heavy sigh draws from his lips.

He places a hand on my shoulder, eyes growing more firm.

"You just rest up, you don't have to do anything--"