𝟐𝟒 | 𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐭 𝐀 𝐂𝐨𝐬𝐭

Start from the beginning

Ejecting the blunt blades that were shattered, I place fresh ones before doing my job of cleaning up around the area. While doing so my eye was throbbing in pain, that it was making it harder to focus. Landing upon the plated surface, my knees buckle beneath me as my knee hits the roof tiles hard.

"Dammit, not now,"

My hand shakingly touches my wounded eye, feeling overwhelmed with the intense pain.

"Akira?"

Pushing myself back up reluctantly, there stood him. How long has it been since we've stood face to face. My eye slowly widening, feeling all the pain washing away by just seeing his handsome face. I will only admit to myself.

"Levi......." I breath out, before he storms towards me.

He went to give me a lecture before pausing mid-sentence, forgetting or ignoring his next words. The heavy silence between us drew longer, before hearing the roaring sound of the scouts soon following pursuit of the titans. Relief soon washes over me, not realising his fingers were gently grazing my gauzed eye. Flinching slightly he grunts in response, while I advert my eye from his own steel grey ones.

"We better figure out our next move now, we can talk once everything cools down," I spoke up, as he nods clearing his throat.

"Agreed,"

All I wanted was to talk to him for hours, and hold him close. Those three years were too long for me, but I just couldn't understand my own damn feelings with him. Without another word, we both head back to discuss the matters of the situation.

*

NEXT DAY

Why is everything black all of a sudden?

Last I remember, I was busy taking the remaining titans down.....

Slowly fluttering my eyes hoping I was asleep, only one eye was opening in response seeing the ceiling. My steady breathing soon paces faster, allowing my eye to adjust to the brightness of the room. The sound of fire flickers nearby, before seeing a nurse in view.

"Corporal, you're finally awake," her voice was more softly spoken, allowing myself to habituate my surroundings and senses.

Parting my dry lips, I cough harshly before seeing a glass of water in view.

Her soft caramel brown eyes soften, "Take this, you were really overworking yourself out there," She passes me a glass, allowing me to slowly pushing myself up by my elbows. Finally leaning against the wall, I took the glass and drank slowly trying to process what had just happened. Feeling the water go down my dry throat, I clear it once more before sighing heavily. My eye darts around, before falling back to the nurse.

"Why am I here, I don't understand.....?"

She nods, "You brought in unconcious, you tend to have this habit when you overwork your body," She explains, but I shook my head. "I'm sorry my explanation isn't quite clear, you were just brought in......right now all soldiers are resting. All titans have been eliminated within Trost, with only two captured by squad leader Hanji."

So we actually won?

"What a relief....." I murmur, hearing a soft chuckle come from the nurse. Leaning my head back I close my eye, and inhaled slowly feeling my body finally relax.

~Knock~Knock~

"Let me get that," She softly said, before walking to the door. Within a few moments the door opens, then closes not hearing a single word. Opening my eye, I turn to see him walking over and sat himself down on my bed. I wasn't sure what to say after so long of being apart, but all I felt was this warmth settle in my chest by just seeing him looking well.