The Movie He Was Supposed To Enjoy (1.1)

"I was watching a movie with SungHoon yesterday.

We were having a good time until President Kang called him.

He was out for over 30 minutes taking that call."

What YoungSeo meant when she said she and SungHoon were having a 'good time' watching a movie together before Kang TaeMoo interrupted them. And also one of the main reasons why YoungSeo says she doesn't like Kang TaeMoo. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Cha SungHoon was the perfect jackpot for any woman. He was handsome, kind, sweet, attentive and affectionate.... All in all, the man's every girl's dream boy. But one thing Jin YoungSeo, his girlfriend, had quickly understood was that despite being the 'dream boy', he had one flaw.... And that was the fact that he wasn't the type to reject or deny his boss aka best friend Kang freaking TaeMoo.

It was a cozy and oddly calm Saturday evening one day in the apartment complex that both YoungSeo and SungHoon lived in. Ever Since they had become a couple, the duo were practically inseparable.... HaRi couldn't even have her usual phone conversation with her friend during nights due to one instance that practically 'traumatized' her apparent virgin ears.

Recalling that one incident from HaRi's point of view, she had phoned YoungSeo one night to talk to her about her recent encounter and ongoing dilemma with TaeMoo when she had accidentally heard something she wasn't probably supposed to hear....

'Yah!!! Why did it take you so long to answer my calls? I thought you and I were supposed to comfort each other at times of ne— !!!?'

HaRi was already yelling when she suddenly heard another voice and a series of muffled moans in the background.

'YoungSeo yah....?'

With no responses, HaRi was left to arch her eyebrows in confusion as she listened in on the rumbled and indistinct noises from YoungSeo's end.

Realizing that YoungSeo had probably and accidentally taken the call, HaRi tried to call for her friend's attention until she heard the familiar voice in the background and realized what her friend was actually doing.

'You—youngseo yah..... Let me undo your strap first'

HaRi's cheeks immediately turned into a bright shade of crimson after she heard the male's voice. She wasn't dense, she knew exactly who was with her friend and what they were doing... she had accidentally heard her best friend in the midst of having sex with her boyfriend. What could be more awkward than that ?

After getting the clear picture that SungHoon was indeed with YoungSeo and they were in fact doing what they were doing, HaRi quickly ends the calls and rolls her eyes in annoyance at her best friend's clumsy antics.

It wasn't that awkward though.... Well, at least for the couple considering up till this day they still don't have any knowledge that Shin HaRi had accidentally heard them during one of their steamy sessions all due to YoungSeo's clumsiness.

Anyway the point here is, ever since starting a romantic relationship. Both individuals had changed a lot... gosh, even TaeMoo had gotten pretty grossed out at his secretary slash best friend's whipped behavior.

For example, SungHoon used to never complain whenever TaeMoo insisted on coming by to his apartment for drinks. But now, after he had started a relationship... It seems like the man had wanted to have much more time away from his friend after work just to be in the arms of his mysterious lover. Oh and if you must know, at this point.... TaeMoo still has no idea that Sung Hoon's girlfriend is actually the one and only Jin YoungSeo.

Back to the present, It was a Saturday night which meant that it was date night for the couple. Dressed in a cozy beige knit sweater with his hair down and glasses disregarded at the dining table, Cha SungHoon still looked incredibly handsome even with his laid back style.

With his arm tightly wrapped around his girlfriend's waist, the man just couldn't focus on the movie they were supposed to be watching..... I mean what man could focus if they had a gorgeous girlfriend right there in their arms right ?

YoungSeo was too engrossed with the movie and didn't even notice SungHoon's intense gaze on her.

"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."

Munching on her popcorn and silently bawling her eyes out at the line from Julia Roberts' character, YoungSeo squeezed her boyfriend's hand and mumbled her feelings about the movie.

(They were watching the movie 'Notting Hill')

'I mean... Why couldn't he just tell her he loves her? What's the deal with social classes being an obstacle to true love? Will Thacker's such a loser, poor Anna.... Will Thacker being an indecisive bloke aside, Hugh Grant's quite hot though.'

At her words, SungHoon rolls his eyes as he finally speaks in his 'as a matter of fact' voice.

'Give it up.... He is older than you by many years. He could be your grandfather.'

Having her senses woken up from his sudden comment, a glint of playfulness appears in YoungSeo's eyes as she turns to her boyfriend and smirks.

'Don't tell me.... You're actually jealous of Hugh Grant who is apparently appropriate to be my grandfather just because I said he's hot.'