"Do you know what class you're going to next?" Janet shook her head, no pulling out her schedule showing it to Toni. Toni took a glance, and nodded her head. "We actually have the same schedule, so you can just follow me."

Janet nodded with a small smile and followed Toni. Their next class together was World Lit AA. Toni and Janet walked in together, and Toni introduced Janet to the teacher.

"Mr. Henderson, this is my friend Janet Jackson. She's a new student here."

"Great! Nice to meet you Janet! Welcome to Oak Bridge," the teacher smiled.

Toni led Janet to the back row of desks, and the teacher began the lesson.

***

It was finally time for lunch, and since Toni and Janet were seniors, they were able to leave campus to get lunch. Toni gave Janet some options of where they should get lunch, and she agreed on Chick-fil-A. They hopped into Toni's car and started on their way.

"Do you mind if I play any music?" Toni asked, with her hand over the dial. Janet shook her head, looking at the window. "Cool, I hope you like Michael Jackson."

Janet snapped her head towards Toni, with her eyes wide, by the mention of her brother's name. Toni was taken aback, and started to change the station. Janet stopped Toni, by grabbing her wrist, shaking her head frantically. She turned up the dial, her brother's voice singing through the speakers. Janet closed her eyes, laying her head against the window. Michael was out on tour, and she missed him terribly. As they were driving, Janet received a notification on her phone, and out of instinct, Toni glanced at it, seeing a picture of Michael and... Janet? It was a picture taken in the 70s, on Janet's lock screen. Toni's eyes widened as she refocused her attention back on the road. 

***

Toni pulled up to the drive thru speaker, and started to tell the employee her order. She turned to Janet, who had a notepad writing down her order. Toni read the the notepad, and read it off.

"Okay, pull up to the next window, please..."

***

Toni and Janet sat in the car, eating their lunch, with MJ still playing. Toni felt that the atmosphere was boring, and chose to spark up a conversation.

"So Janet...do you have any hobbies?"

Janet nodded, and pulled out the notepad. Dancing, she wrote. You?

"That's cool, I like to draw, sing, and play piano,"

You sing? Can I hear? Toni read the notepad, and started to blush.

"I don't know..." Toni trailed off.

Please? I won't judge.

"Okay, here's a small snippet of a song I'm currently writing, it's call Give U My Heart," Toni snapped her fingers, singing along to the rhythm. When she finished, she looked over at Janet, who was smiling and clapping.

"Thank you, thank you very much," Toni said in an Elvis voice, making Janet silently chuckle. "Well, lunch is almost over, ready for our last class?" Janet nodded her head exiting Toni's car and walking towards the building.

***

Their last class was Art XXX. The teacher instructed them on their project, which was to draw of portrait of someone. It didn't matter who. It could be someone in the class, a family member, celebrity, ect. After the teacher finished talking, Toni and Janet got started on their projects. They'd glance at each other's paper every once in a while, impressed with their work. In 25 minutes, they finished their projects. Janet look at Toni's paper, and was in awe. It was a portrait of her.

 It was a portrait of her

(Toni's drawing)

Toni looked over at Janet's, with the same expression on her face.

(Janet's drawing)

"That's is amazing! It looks so realistic!" Janet smiled, tugging on her ear out of habit when she gets flustered.

The teacher started walking around, observing everyone's drawings. She stopped at Toni and Janet's, infatuated with their works.

"Toni and Janet, oh my goodness. Can I take a picture of these, please?" They nodded their head, as the teacher pulled her her phone snapping two pictures. "Thank you so much, awesome job you two!"

Janet and Toni look at each other smiling, proud of themselves. Class ended, and they could go home.

"So since we're done for the day, did drive here, or have a ride?" Janet shook her head, pulling out the notepad, writing, I walked.

Toni nodded. "Well, um- do you want a ride?" Toni offered, stuffing her hands in her pocket, rocking back and forth on her heels. Janet thought for a second, and took up on the offer.

***

Janet typed in her address in Toni's phone, and placed it on the dashboard. Toni followed the directions her phone was telling her. It was a 25 minute ride. Janet walked? And had no ride?

"Janet, you want me to take you to and from school for now on? I wouldn't mind it," Janet nodded. She started to walk away from the car, until Toni called out. "Wait! Can I have your number, we can text each other," Janet pulled out her phone handing to Toni, Toni doing the same. They saved their numbers into each other's phone. Toni waited until Janet entered her house before driving off. It was a start to something more bigger than a friendship...

***
A new book, but imma stay dedicated to this one. There will be slow updates, because I am having certain health issues, and I'm dealing with school. Love y'all, comment and vote. Hope y'all enjoy☺️
(Excuse any mistakes)