Episode 20: Massage Chair

Start from the beginning

"Yeah! Did you guys capture Slappy Pete?" Jasper also asked, walking with the girl.

"Yeah, we got him, but he slapped me pretty good. Is there a mark?" the sidekick hissed as he turned his face so they could see where the irritatingly quick criminal had managed to hit him. Oh, yeah, there was a mark - six fingers and a palm slowly emerging on his cheek as the skin flamed and throbbed.

"Ehhh..."

"A little..."

"So red!" At least they broke it to him gently.

"Tiny-handed freak," Henry growled, cursing the day Slappy Pete decided to become a villain since it would be super fun going home tonight to explain to his parents why he had yet another bruise blossoming. Seriously, they were starting to get suspicious about all the rough-and-tumble fights he said he had--boys couldn't be boys that much in one week.

"I didn't know Slappy Pete has six fingers," Jasper noted as he analysed the mark and strangely counted one digit too many, thinking his eyes were playing tricks on him.

"He was holding a tiny, little hot dog when he slapped me...tiny-handed, hot dog-eatin' freak!" His friend snarled, more to himself than anyone else since it was his poor reaction time that had allowed the miniature man to slap him one last time before they bundled him into the Man Van. And speaking of "they"...

"Where are Ray and (y/n)?" Charlotte questioned, partly wanting to move another before her friend angered himself into a coronary but mostly wanting to know where the happy couple were. Usually, they all came down together unless they needed "time alone".

"Oh, they're going to be here in a couple of seconds with a little surprise," Henry replied mysteriously and did an odd little celebratory moonwalk as they cheered. They didn't get surprises often, especially not from the boss.

"Is it backpacks?! Please tell me it's backpacks!" Jasper cried as he speculated what Ray and (y/n) could have for them; weirdly, all he'd wanted in life was backpacks. Hundreds and hundreds of packs for his back. Henry and Charlotte just hoped this wasn't another bucket situation.

"What? No, dude. What's your deal with backpacks?"

"Name a better invention. I'll wait!" Jasper scoffed at the teen's puzzled face and folded his arms as he paused for an answer. In his mind, whoever thought of creating a sack for carrying things that went on your back was genius...but not the best invention in everyone else's.

"Uh, the wheel," Henry replied, naming one of the oldest and most crucial development in human history, which made his best friend stop and think again.

"Name two. I'll wait."

"The toilet," Henry went on, catching Jasper out again with one of those things that don't seem that important but are vital. Stuck and red-faced, the boy tried to go again, believing in the supremacy of the backpack, but he never got a chance to finish after Charlotte grew tired of his silly argument.

"Name three. I'll w--"

"What's the surprise?!" she said over him, staring at Henry with wide eyes so he would continue before she tore her hair out.

"All right, let's just say it's something you can sit in," he told her, smirking since he thought he was being all cryptic with his slight hint, but it was huge. How many things can someone sit in? So, it wasn't hard to guess.

"Is it a chair?"

"I was also going to guess, chair," Charlotte and Schwoz responded, killing Henry's enthusiasm with their wit. Well, that was disappointing, and his smirk fell; now, he had no choice but to admit that Ray and (y/n) claimed a chair for themselves after the mission, but it wasn't as dull as it sounded.