Chapter 2

"Immediate no." Ophelia shook her head, biting the inside of her cheek. "I will not go into the black lake! Do you know how many creatures are down there?"

Cedric Diggory, her boyfriend, grinned as he draped an arm over her. "It'll be alright Lia. Stop being so immature." She scoffed and shrugged his arm off, looking at him angrily.

"How am I being immature? Last time I checked I was the one trying to save you from being dragged into the water by merepoles." She saw his expression change from grinning to serious, fear crawling up her spine at the expression that she knew all too well.

Lowering down her head, she tapped the back of the leathery book with her index finger, gripping it tightly.

"Fine. I'll be there." Before he could say anything else or even dare to put her in 'her place', she walked into the great hall, making her way to the Ravenclaw table. She didn't notice Draco in front of her until she bumped into his hard chest, letting out an 'oomph' at the impact. She looked up nervously, the fearful feeling returning once again.

"Watch where you're fucking going." He looked down at her with no emotion, not letting Ophelia figure out what he was feeling at that moment.

"I'm sorry." She let out, another body going in her view as she tried to move past him. Ophelia controlled a groan as she noticed it was Pansy Parkinson, the girl who had it out for her because she once suspected that she fancied Draco when in reality they have never even spoken to each other.

"You better be." She shoved her back, Ophelia's back hitting the nearby wall. Almost everyone was watching, Ophelia eyes moving from one face to another quickly. Her eyes landed on Dracos, noticing he was already staring at her with intensity.

"Stay the fuck away from my boyfriend. He doesn't want you he wants me." Ophelia looked at her angered figure, biting the inside of her cheek to control her words. She looked to the Hufflepuff table seeing Cedric watch her with no love or affection towards her, showing her who he truly is.

"Are you deaf? I'm talking to you!" She clenched her fists, Ophelia's nose starting to flare once she noticed her get even closer. Too close. The thing is, she might be too nice and shy- but she had severe anger issues.

"Let it go Pansy. Don't waste your time on a filthy mudblood. " She heard Draco speak, her attention going to him at his deep and raspy voice, even though he had just said something rude to her. Pansy looked at her up and down once again, scoffing and turning back around.

Ophelia was trying to calm down, digging her nail into her finger to stop herself from beating Pansy up.

By now everyone was slowly going back into their conversation, Ophelia quickly walking out of the great hall once again to remove the multiple eyes from her. She walked down the halls, gripping her back tightly out of anger. She could've done something- she seemed so weak for not going so. But the reason she didn't want to was because she knew that if she ever tried to mention something, they would bring up her dead parents. So she always tried to stay out of trouble.

The doors to the great hall opened behind her, Ophelia's steps not slowing down. "Ophelia!" Cedric scream shouted through the halls, her face slightly paling once she saw his angered face. She took a step back as he got closer, his hand going to her throat once she got out of reach.

"What the fuck was that huh? Everyone knows your my girlfriend so now they'll know that I don't have you under control!" Ophelia slapped his hand away from her harshly out of courage, the anger from Draco's comment and Pansy's silly outburst taking over her.

"I do whatever I want Cedric. I'm not your pet-." A slap landed on her face, a gasp leaving her lips. She should've expected it. It wasn't the first time he had hit her. She grabbed at her cheek, his hand going back to her neck but even tighter.

"Don't forget who you're speaking to, you hear me?" She nodded her head, her face going slightly red at the tight grip he had on her. He released her, a breath escaping her lips as she kept her hand on her bruised cheek.

He suddenly kissed her, her having to kiss him back. "I'll see you later, ok?" His voice was soft again, his mood changes always hitting her like a whiplash. She nodded and looked down, hearing his footsteps fade away back into the great hall.

Tears were filling her eyes to the brim, them finally falling when she noticed she was all alone.

Or so she thought.