Leaning

"I just can't take it when you get like this," Flo said to her friend, Quinn. Quinn wore a smile and held her head up high, "well, a lot of people can't take it; love it or leave it." Flo shook her head in shame and despair. Her friend was a republican, and even worse a self proclaimed trump fan. Flo tried to hold her back from making a trip up to Washington DC on January sixth, "I wanna be up there on that White House lawn and look right pretty. "You have no place being up there, it's against the law, don't you know." "I have a ticket tho, Quinn said." "It's a false ticket, you can't be up there!"

But Flo was confused about many things too; how was her friend able to buy a ticket to be on the White House lawn. She was surprised that 'ol joe had won the election, even though she was for him. Quinn was able to sneak away and she made that trip up to Maryland. Flo recalled calling her in an absolute panic saying, "you didn't go inside did you?" "No I didn't, I stayed there on the lawn and looked wonderful like I said I was going to do." Flo was relieved saying, "whatever you do, come home safe."

Quinn felt horrible when she saw all the coverage on the news in her hotel room that night. She felt bad for the way she had made Flo feel and got home early in the morning before the fbi or anyone could investigate her. She would never forgive the media for their ugly betrayal of an event she thought was beautiful.

Flo slapped Quinn across the face and watched as she stumbled on her hills to the ground. A look of shock was plastered on Quinn's face, she could not believe her friend had done this. "My bad," Flo said with a look of surprise and helped her up from the floor. I shouldn't have done that, I got carried away. It was not right. Quinn walked over to the counter in the apartment they shared together and said, 'maybe I gone a little overboard, but that was uncalled for." I don't call out or strike down your ideas, do I?"

Flo didn't think that it was a beautiful thing. But Quinn thought Flo was rather stupid when it came to her politics and belief of acceptance. Where was her sarcasm when it came to the gender fluid crowd. Flo 'dug them' cause she was in with the times or happier that way or whatever crab-sticks thing she said. But the best thing they could do for each other is try to make amends or agree to disagree.

Quinn was one of those "let things be the way they used to be' kind of girl; set her way for the way it once was in the past.