Chapter 03: Carolyn

Start from the beginning

"You just need to be present at school the whole day to a avoid getting any more warnings. I will handle the rest. Okay?" She gives me a look, a 'I trust you, don't mess this up' kinda look.

"Okay, I'll try."

"I will see you later then. And oh, before I forget you need to call your dad."

"Why?" I blurt out bluntly.

She shrugs her shoulders in a I don't know fashion before walking away.

Making my way to my first class for the day, I think about how I always somehow end up getting myself into such situations.

......

I sit in my chair patiently (not really) as I listen to Mrs Hogan's long speech about the school's history. I feel myself doze off for about the fifth time this morning, I guess pulling an all-nighter to finish that book wasn't really the best idea (The ending wasn't really worth it).

"Concentrate." I say in a very low whisper, cracking my neck in the process.

"This island that the school is built on is known today as one of the biggest tourist attractions mainly because of it's "Bridge Moment Nowhere" and it's history. The bridge was built to help get refugees from countries of war onto the island. At the time, it was known as a place of peace and hope. Years later, the island is still known as a place of hope that's why our school is built here, to bring together the biggest hope of all. Our youth....". I don't get to hear the rest due to the fact that I almost fell of my chair after closing my eyes for a second. But luckily, I manage to catch myself.

Giving up on the idea of staying awake, I take my bag, my school jersey and make my way to the door, rushing past a few students making their way into the hall.

As I walk into the corridor I see that it's empty, meaning no one will disturb my sleep (good).

I walk around looking for an open class until I finally find one. The door is slightly open so I knock to sure that no one's inside. Once I confirm that it's empty, I enter the classroom.

I sit myself down in one of the sits in the corner of the class, totally ready for a two hour nap.

"Wait, I could just go to my room then have a five hour nap there instead. Well this was a waste." Agh. I pick up my things and head for the door.

I stumble back and fall on the floor after the door flew open, hitting me straight in the face, probably breaking my nose in the process.

"Oh shit! Are you okay?"

I don't respond instead I just look at him waiting for him to figure out the very obvious answer to he's stupid question.

"Are you okay?" He lowered his self onto his knees so he could be at the same level as me. Inspecting my nose with his cold fingers and a gaze that seemed to be full of curiosity, he looks me straight in the eyes, making me angry.

I stare back at him with the same intensity before giving a "an almost" sarcastic remark. "I'm fine. My nose isn't that delicate plus if it is, I can just replace it." Then I look away, standing up and straightening my skirt.

Yeah, sarcasm isn't really my thing. 

He just looks at me as if he was trying to recall something before his eyes widened with realization. "Aren't you the one from the video?"

"What video?" I say, picking up my stuff from the floor that I dropped when I fell earlier. "Nevermind. Don't tell me, I have places to be."

I look at him one last time before I make my way out the door, my nose throbbing. He didn't even apologize, Arse!