[ ✯ TWELVE ✯ ]

Start from the beginning

Breathing, Kazutora opened the window, his voice scorched with irritation, "What the hell are you doing here, Shuji-kun?"

"Eh, I forgot to drop by yesterday so I decided to come a day late," Hanma shrugged, speaking as though it was obvious. But it wasn't— to Y/N, at least.

Kazutora scrunched up his face in confusion, clearly not understanding what he was implying at. "For what?"

"To get your answer about joining Valhalla, duh? Why else would I be coming here?" Shuji replied matter of factly, which ticked off Y/N greatly— but they breathed in, keeping their thoughts to themself.

"Yes, the answer is yes. I'll join Valhalla. Now leave." Y/N enunciated, clearly appalled by the very presence of him. Y/N wanted nothing more than to have time to themself, feeling discontent with the idea of having visitors at such an hour— especially ones that are canon to the Tokyo Revengers storyline. It felt too much to them.

Kazutora blinked at Hanma's roguish smile, leaning back as Shuji walked closer to the window. Shuji's feelings were confusing and unnamable but weren't negative at all. He felt a sense of pride that Kisaki was able to bring Kazutora on his side and yet the Hanemiya boy's own friends couldn't persuade him to join their own. It made Shuji feel special, that Kisaki was truly leading something worthwhile and fun for him.

"Since we're on the same side now, why don't we get to know each other?" Shuji offered, for which Kazutora narrowed his eyes at. Seriously, Hanma, my guy, can you get any more sus?

"And what do you define as getting to know each other, hm?" Y/N hummed in distaste, watching as Hanma plopped his crossed arms on top of the window sill, only to then lay his chin down. "Come outside and follow me, I'll show you." Hanma quickly replied, expressing a hint of mischief.

"I don't trust you for shit," Kazutora said in response, rolling his eyes, "you could just be tricking me."

"What have I done to make you think that?" Hanma mused, tilting his head, "I don't remember ever doing anything to offend you."

Y/N paused at his words, taking them in for consideration. Shuji wasn't wrong at all— if anything, he's been helping Kazutora, or at the very least cooperating with whatever Y/N wanted him to do. Shuji hasn't done anything wrong so far to him, and yet Y/N struggled to place their trust in him, being a reader of the manga themself. Hanemiya Kazutora was nothing more than a tool in Kisaki Tetta's plan, specifically purposed to quickly be disposed of once the arc was over with. So how can Y/N trust him? Short answer, they couldn't. But Y/N was not Kazutora, as you know, and Kazutora does not have access to the information of the future; playing along was the only choice that Y/N could think of.

"Fine, just let me get a change of clothes and make sure that my mom is asleep." Kazutora finally complied, letting out a huff of defeat. "Sorry for being skeptical of you, I just have a hard time when it comes to.. people. Yeah." That was a lie, of course, as Y/N just wanted to smooth the conflict under the rug.

Shuji seemed content with Kazutora's response, saying nothing more as he watched him leave the window, only to shut it when Shuji backed away and he closed the curtains thereafter. Shuji waited semi-patiently outside, pacing back and forth to keep himself stimulated. As for Kazutora, he quickly put on masculine/gender-neutral clothing of Y/N's choice before heading outside of his room, double-checking to make sure that his mother was fast asleep before taking the initiative to leave the house. He was quiet, taking his spare house key and locking the door behind him. Kazutora then jogged around the corner to where Shuji was at, a hesitant look pondering its way into his eyes.

"So what do you want to show me?" Y/N questioned, readjusting their cast before making eye contact with the male.

Shuji stopped in his tracks, "We're going to Valhalla's base, I think you'll enjoy it." Shuji seemed fairly joyful, exuding a rather positive mood.