What are friends for?

When you think about it, you still feel amazed by the fact that you didn't fight even once with Dean on your road trip to your grandmothers' and from it. Truth to be told, on the way there, you barely had the head to think about anything beyond your grief. However, after the funeral was over, Dean and you decided to go back home despite your mother's insistence on staying for a few days. You had work to do, and so did Dean. After your talk in the backyard, something akin to tranquility settled between you. It was beyond a peace offering, more like an understanding that your feelings for each other were not completely hostile. Thus, it had the grounds to become something more. Maybe, and much to your dismay and Meg's probable happiness, a friendship. It was so likely that on your way back, you decided to take the long trip.

Driving to your grandmother's funeral was meant to be practical and fast, that's why you didn't make any stops and kept on driving day and night. You had no such hurry to get home. Dean made sure to reassure you several times that he had taken a three-leave of absence from his work. Therefore -and because Dean refused to let you drive Baby again- you had made a stop at a motel in the middle of the trip. You even shared a room -with two beds, thankfully- and nothing beyond a friendly banter happened. You liked this Dean Winchester better than the other one. Or maybe he has always been like this, and it's just the first time you've noticed. Perhaps Meg and Castiel were right all along.

Either way, after what happened that weekend, your relationship with Dean was considerably better. You wouldn't go as far as to call you friends so soon, but with time it could potentially be an option. That's why, when he invited you again to watch Dr. Sexy , you couldn't say no to him. If this, whatever you were going to have, was going to work, it needed effort from both of your parts. He had already done a lot when he took you to the funeral and held your hand through the whole thing. The least you could do was watch some ugly show with him. And that's precisely how it started.

Together, you would watch Dr. Sexy every chance you got. At first, you would view it in silence, but then, as you got more invested in the show, you started to discuss the plot with him. That's how you figured out that he was a real geek for Dr. Sexy ; he recounted to you all the previous seasons before the one you were currently watching. He then also told you that it was his second time watching the show. Apparently, a new season was about to air soon. In preparation for it, you went through all the previous seasons for the next month. In all honesty, it was a record how you managed to watch 7 seasons in that kind of time. Considering you had to balance it with each of your schedules. That's how living with Dean became easier. However, and despite your shared fangirling, you didn't spend any time together besides when you watched the show. That's why you were kind of surprised when Dean showed up at your work one morning.

It had been a busy week. You had a presentation in a few days about the project you were currently working on. As soon as you got to work, your boss started to bombard you with tasks and corrections. You had half a mind to run away and hide in the bathroom. You didn't, you put on your grown-up pants and buckled up to the job. However, focusing so much on something had its downsides. One of which was that you tended to forget everything else. That includes your lunch.

"Honey," the kind cleaning lady named China calls you. You're so engrossed in your computer screen, you don't pay attention. "Honey," she says, louder this time.

"Um? I'm sorry, China, what is it?"

She smiles in secrecy, "there's a handsome lad in the reception asking for you."

You look at her confused, "for me?" No one ever visits you at your work. Meg came once when you recently started, just to see where you worked. That's it. You aren't expecting anyone...

"He's tall, deep voice," China started to describe him to you, "bowed legs, and green eyes." Of course, you know who she's talking about.

"Dean's here?" There's no hiding the surprise in your voice.