Author's Note - Oct 11 2022

Hello, hi, and thank you for tuning in.

So...how have you been, mi dudes? It's been a while. I've truly missed you guys.

I want to introduce myself today not as "seddinsanity" or any of my other previous usernames. I won't even introduce myself as one of the names I used to use online, like Isabelle or Kat or Claire. I used to use pen names to maintain an online persona when I was younger. Every time I "rebranded," I'd change my name. But I no longer do that. This is me and this is my life's work.

Hi, my name's Monica. That's my real name that I use in real life. It's great to meet you. If you've been here for a while, it's so nice to see you again.

The first thing I really want to say has been my secret for a really long time, but I'm going to put it out there once and for all: My iCarly fanfictions are special to me. They're honestly my pride and joy, and in all of the years since I haven't experienced the pure excitement of wanting to share some silly comedy or romance fanfiction idea with you all. I've been as excited with my original stuff, but when it comes to characters I love that aren't mine, this is still it for me. I can say without doubt that I've grown a lot as a writer and even as a person, but I've never forgotten where I came from. I don't cringe at my old stories, in fact, I'm proud of them. It adds to it that no other fandom has ever gotten as close to my heart as the iCarly fandom, and especially my fellow Seddie Warriors. iCarly was my first fandom, starting in 2008 when I was 9 years old and in grade 3. I was so obsessed with reading fanfiction, especially Seddie ones. I started writing because of fanfiction, and I'm still writing anything and everything that my heart desires. I'm still pursuing my first dream. I graduated with a degree in Creative Writing, that's how much I'm still into this.

It's absolutely crazy to me how much love my iCarly Wake Up fanfictions have gotten in the past 12 years. That itself is crazy too, that it's been 12 years since I sat down and first wrote the original Wake Up Sam. To show how much time has passed: I wrote the original Wake Up Sam in 2010, when I was 11 years old and in grade 5, in Microsoft Word 2007. I'm writing this note in 2022, now 23 years old and a college graduate, in Google Docs.

A short timeline:
Sept 2008: I joined the fandom
Aug 2010: Wake Up Sam was posted on Fanfiction Net
Nov 2012: Wake Up Freddie was partially written, but never posted
Jan 2014: Wake Up Sam was moved to Wattpad when I deleted the original posting
Mar 2014: Wake Up Freddie was finished and posted on Wattpad
April 2014: Sweet Dreams Chapter 1 was written and posted on Wattpad
May 2016: Sweet Dreams Chapter 2 was last edited but never finished
Oct 2022: Now we're here

Yes, I always intended on finishing this series and giving it a proper ending. That's what it deserves. That's what my Seddie babies deserve. So, why did I never come back to it? Why did it take this long for me to update?

I got locked out of my Wattpad account. Oh noes.

There's a long and frustrating story behind it. From around mid-2017 to mid-2022, I had no access to this account. Sometime after I last edited Sweet Dreams in 2016, I made this account a joint account with my high school best friend. We started an original story in 2 POVs, where we'd alternate chapters. (It's gone now. I don't remember deleting it. Maybe she did?) Instead of me being the primary owner, we switched it to a new joint email and made her phone number the one attached to the email. But she changed her phone number at some point, and of course, we forgot the password. The recovery email was my old Yahoo email, which I also had no access to. But my last hope was that the recovery for that Yahoo account was my old Gmail account, which in turn had my current Gmail as a recovery. So, finally, after resetting 3 email passwords, I'm back.

It warms my heart that I still have comments from 2019, 2021, and even 2022 on my Wake Up series. Funny enough that I've been into watching clips of iCarly, Victorious, Girl Meets World, and some of my other childhood and teenhood favorites lately.

Also, for those who follow the Youtube channel Nick Rewind, they posted a poll earlier this year asking if people ship Seddie or Creddie. At the time I voted, Seddie was 75% and Creddie was 25%. I'm not even joking, we're still here.

I'm going to do my best to see this one through. I hope you guys can stick around for whenever that will be. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, and see you soon.