⊱Ch. 1: Going Mad⊰

"Fuck I.. I need to look again just.. just to make sure" and he did , running off before Pansy could say anything, before she could even protest, before she could even try to hold him back from looking in that wretched mirror. He ran back to the room of requirements, knocking anyone who was in his way back, ignoring the yelling or protests of the few students that were still roaming the halls, if you were in his way then you were a mere obstacle.

Draco made it to the room of requirements and thought about what he wanted and on command, the mirror of erised showed up, Draco looked at it and shook his head in disbelief when he saw the exact same thing he saw before screaming to Pansy about his crisis. Now he found out why Harry went so crazy when he saw his parents. Harry.. he thought of him as Harry. There were a few things that Draco considered being on a first name basis with and without someone and in his opinion, fighting in a wizarding war and saving each other's lives, AND seeing your ex enemy in the mirror looking at you like you're the only person in the world was considered an exception in Draco's opinion.

Whenever Draco ran down the corridor he didn't even realize that he passed the transfiguration classroom, which happened to be the very class that Potter was currently in, not that Draco payed any mind to the classes that Potter had anymore, why focus on the physical Potter when he could look at the one in the mirror? The Potter that smiled at him, the Potter that loved him, the Potter that held his hand and would occasionally kiss his cheek, the Potter that would look at real Draco as if to say 'you will have this'. The Potter that was..

Harry

Harry, he loved Draco, he wanted to be with Draco, Harry looked at Draco with all the love in the world, like he just didn't want to let Draco go. Harry, who said Draco's name with so much familiarity, the name rolling off his tongue so smoothly it was like he never once was called him Malfoy, the name of Malfoy never once was sneered off of Harry's tongue.

Malfoy

Draco hated the way Potter said his last name, the way it sounded like a sneer, the way it sounded like Potter was spitting out venom. Potter made his last name sound like an insult, but it wasn't, it shouldn't be a fucking insult, it should be an honor to be a Malfoy.

Well, that's what Malfoy thought, but Draco, god Draco hated his last name, absolutely despised it.

Heir.

Snob.

Pureblood elist.

Git.

Lucius' descendent

Death Eater's son

Death Eater.

Death Eater.

Malfoy.

Scum.

Death Eater scum.

He hated it, he hated being a fucking Malfoy, the name made Draco gag. But Malfoy. God Malfoy loved being a Malfoy, he loved being the heir. He loved being a pureblood. He loved his riches. His status. The respect that came from scared peers. And Malfoy loved loved tormenting Potter. Oh, and Malfoy hated mudbloods.

Mudblood.

That Merlin forsaken word. It was hideous. Draco hated how easily that word rolled off of Malfoy's tongue, like he had no shame, because he didn't have shame. The word would roll off of Malfoy's tongue so effortlessly. So.. carelessly.

Draco hated it.

Malfoy felt no shame.

Until he was branded a Death Eater, he hated himself for taking the mark. But he didn't have a choice. It was either take the mark. Or lose your parents. Malfoy couldn't stand losing his parents.