{55} ヤンデレ {55}

Start from the beginning

It was already dark outside.

We walked out of the building and my eyes drifted off to the side as I spotted a couple walking hand in hand, I noticed a ring on both of their ring fingers.

A married couple.

"Are you okay?" Ran questioned when I suddenly stopped walking and I hummed "I'm cold" I said quietly and he immediately took his jacket off before draping it over my shoulders. "Put that on" he said and I complied.

He grabbed onto my hand again once my arms went through the sleeves. "Better?" he asked and I gave a short nod as we continued to walk.

His phone was inside of his jacket pocket.

I was surprised that he hadn't taken it out.

I felt his phone buzz for a moment and I glanced over at Ran to see him staring straight ahead, he was a tad bit in front of me since his strides were longer.

I looked down at the phone for a moment while trying to see who had messaged him. He had a passcode so I could only see the notifications for incoming texts and calls.

The phone number wasn't saved.

The text read:
'Is this about that boys body? I heard that he's been reported missing'

My eyes lowered as I stared down at the sidewalk, an empty feeling began to well up in the pits of my stomach as I let Ran pull me along.

"It'll be crowded so make sure that you're staying close to me" Ran said and I slowly nodded my head. "Ok....." I whispered as the sound of his phone ringing had gotten our attention.

I reached into the pocket and pulled his phone out, only to see that it was the same number that had just texted him.

"Just hit dec-" I cut him off "Answer the phone" I said bluntly as I held the phone up to him causing his eyes to widen slightly as he slowly grabbed onto the phone. "It's just a random number" he said as he shut his phone off before placing it back into his pants pocket.

I continued staring at him causing him to return my gaze. "What?" he questioned and I slowly turned my head away. "Nothing"

I began to see other people in fancy outfits, making their way towards the festivals location.

A part of me had felt normal.

Like I was on a date.

I suppose that I am.....in a sense.

But this night won't be ending in his favor, I've decided, I know exactly what I have to do now.

All of this is my fault.

If I would've never gotten involved with Ran Haitani, if I had never been so blinded, then maybe Satoshi and Sumiko would still be alive.

I'm assuming Mitsuki's dead as well.

I wonder if Ran knows that it was actually his own "allies" that had led me to that alleyway that night, the ones that gave me the final push into this nightmarish rabbit hole that Ran has dug.