Thanksgiving

Okay so here's a lil one shot I wrote in a fury like just now, it has some characters from the full book that takes place after Valor's Impasse. Obviously it's not set in Camelot, it's a modern small town AU loosely based on Life is Strange 3, very loosely. Anyway I didn't edit this much and will probably end up deleting this later but for now enjoy!

~ Ivy

Valandi took a sip of her coffee. Black. Like her soul Arthur often joked, to which Valandi would promptly roll her eyes. Though now she thought that she could use that in the next verse. Quickly, she scribbled the thought down in the margins next to the problematic stanza. When Arthur heard the song she knew he would not pass the opportunity to say I told you so. But it wasn't like she had much of a choice. They had been sitting at the cafe for nearly an hour now and Valandi was still stuck.

"Inspiration at last?" Arthur asked from across the small circular table. He had his shoulder length auburn hair packed in short ponytail. He looked up at her from his phone, which was above his laptop's keyboard where he was supposed to be doing work.

"Maybe." Valandi replied.

"Are you going to cross it out again?"

Valandi scowled at him. "Hey trust the process."

"Okay but that's what you've been saying for the past hour." Arthur fake whined. "At this rate I might actually have to get work done."

"You should be doing that anyway. Aren't you visiting your father for Thanksgiving?"

Arthur frowned. "Nah... I'll be fine. I'm staying in town this year. Told him I'll spend it working on the best proposal he's ever seen."

Valandi rolled her eyes. "You have to write a proposal for the man to actually see it."

"Touché."

Valandi looked back at her notebook and the table descended into a comfortable quiet once again. This was soon interrupted however,

"More coffee?"

Valandi glanced up at the waitress, Guinevere, or Gwen as most people call her. Her dark hair was styled in the usual Bantu knots and her apron was splattered with what Valandi hoped were coffee stains.

"I'm fine thanks."

Gwen didn't offer Arthur coffee since she knew he didn't drink it.
"Would you like to come over to my place for Thanksgiving?"

"What?" Arthur asked. He and Valandi exchanged a look. They were on friendly terms with Guinevere, everyone was, but they rarely interacted outside of the occasional nod or at the cafe. Valandi did not expect to be going to her home anytime soon. Though of all people she was not surpised Gwen asked, she was probably they most straightforward person she knew.

"I said do you want to come over to my place for Thanksgiving?"

Arthur glanced at Valandi again. He cleared his throat. "Are you hosting a party?"

Gwen shook her head. "Not really, it's more of a dinner. Or as Lancelot says, a 'Friendsgiving'. We're inviting people who don't already have plans and I overheard Arthur saying that he wasn't going home. And Val, you usually spend it here anyway. So I thought I'd invite you guys."

Valandi nearly choked on her coffee when Gwen called out her slightly depressing Thanksgiving habit Arthur smirked at her and Valandi stepped on his foot.

"I think that would be..." Valandi shook her head slightly and widened her eyes at him. Trying her best to as subtly as possible tell him to decline. She was fine to be by herself on Thanksgiving. There's nothing wrong with that. The cafe had decent food. Thanksgiving just was not her thing. He ignored her. "Great actually!" Valandi went to step on his foot again, but he had moved it and smirked at her again. "Who's coming?" Arthur asked.