Chapter 8 - Break In

Start from the beginning

"Five more minutes?" He jokes smiling before using the keys to unlock his cuffs.

"What are you doing here?" The old man says, annoyed. "I didn't help you escape just so you could break back in!" He cries as Caspian helps him off the floor. "You have to get out before Miraz learns you're here." The panicked Professor replies.

"He'll find out soon enough." The Prince hands the older man the key. "We're giving him your cell." Caspian whips away, but the man has a firmer grip than most, yanking the boy back.

"Don't underestimate Miraz as your father did." Caspian shakes his head in disbelief.

"What are you talking about?" The Prince asks, starting to panic as his anger rises.

"I'm sorry," the man says sadly, giving Caspian all the information he needs before dashing off in a fit of rage toward Miraz's chambers.

Silently sneaking into the room, the boy raises his sword to the Lord's throat, making Miraz wake from his uneasy slumber. A chuckle comes from the horrible Lord's mouth as an evil smirk covers his lips.

"Thank goodness you're safe."

"Get up!" Caspian warns in a harsh tone, not in the mood to play games. As Miraz gets out of bed he knocks Prunaprismia waking her up.

"What?" She mumbles, still half asleep, not caring until she sees Caspian with a sword to her husband's throat. "Caspian?"

"Stay where you are!" He snaps, ignoring her and focusing back on the Lord, who's backed up near the window.

"What are you doing?" The confused queen asks.

"I think it should be obvious, dear." Miraz drawls. "You know, some families might consider this inappropriate behaviour."

"That doesn't seem to have stopped you." He pushes the sword closer to the Lord.

"But you are not like me, are you?" Miraz snarls, taking a jab at the Prince. "It's sad. This first time you've shown any backbone...and it's such a waste." Miraz mocks as his wife reaches for the crossbow above their bed for such situations.

"Put the sword down, Caspian." Prunaprismia clicks the bow into action. "I don't want to do this."

"We don't want you to either," Susan says as she and Peter abruptly come bursting through the door, weapons drawn and raised, creating a deadly standoff. Miraz puts his hand on his hit, tilting his head, paying no mind to the sword point inching closer. He knows Caspian can't kill him.

"This used to be a private room." The Lord sassily says to the two.

"What are you doing?" Peter asks in a grating voice. "You're supposed to be in the gatehouse!"

"No!" Caspian yells in a pained voice as the need for the truth of his father's death rips him apart. "Tonight, for once, I want the truth." He takes fast-paced steps forward, almost breaching the skin on his uncle's neck. "Did you kill my father?"

"No, we get to it." Miraz grins like a maniac as he eggs on Caspian.

"You said your brother died in his sleep." Prunaprismia looks at her husband, wanting him to deny the painful allegations, but he does not.

"That was more or less true."

"Caspian, this won't make things any better." Susan reasons with the Prince knowing their time is running out. It's no use. Anything she or Peter says will fall on deaf ears.

"We Telmarines would have nothing had we not taken it. Your father knew that as well as anyone." Miraz answers, giving Caspian and Prunaprismia their answers.

"How could you?" She asks, not knowing the man she married.

"For the same reason, you will pull that trigger." Miraz harshly bites and manipulation her. "For our son." Miraz moves forward, but Caspian doesn't move, meaning the tip of the sword slowly pierces the skin and draws blood.

"Stop!"

"Stay right there."

"You need to make a choice, dear." Miraz keeps trying to guilt trip his wife. "You want our child to be king?" He says, moving around the room back. Caspian also goes back. "Or do you want him to be like Caspian here?" Miraz grates, his veins bulging out as he digs the emotional dagger further into both Caspian and Prunaprismia's hearts, as a trail of blood flows down his neck. "Fatherless!"

"No!" She distressed lady cries out, pulling the trigger and firing an arrow into the Prince's arm, making him drop his sword and turn away in pain. Miraz takes this perfect opportunity to run into the secret passage leaving his wife alone, balling her eyes out, with three people who could kill her.

Back with Tilly and Edmund, the two had started to grow bored, so sitting around waiting for them to be needed. They chose to spend their time making out and teasing each other. Ed leans against one of the short pillars, resting the torch on the ledge as his hands explore his girl's body, running up and down her sides and waist. As Tilly runs her hand down the young King's slightly sculpted chest, he breathes in sharply, detaching their lip, making them both whine, but the sound of metal hitting the ground below stops them from continuing. Frowning at each other, they look at where the torch is or was meant to be. Their eyes widen quickly, peering over the ledge and seeing a guard pick up the fallen device. The intrigued guard points the light towards his face and then clicks the button to turn it on, blinding himself for a moment before he starts to wave it around as his vision slowly clears. The second wave of troops watches as the light shines brightly in a confusing way, making them unsure of what to do.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Nikabrik questions the group as a whole as the bells signally an attack goes off through Telmarine Castle. Tilly hears the alarm and knows this isn't going as planned as the drawbridge and gate as still shut as Telmarine guards are ready for battle.

"Ed, I have to go and help the other. You can handle him, right?"

"What?! You're the one who insisted we stick to the plan!" Edmund tries to quietly yell at his girlfriend.

"Ed, look down there! The plan has gone to hell!" She screams as quietly as possible back. "They need my help, and you need to stay here to signal to everyone." Tilly's voice softens as she goes along. "I'll be fine. I love you." She quickly kisses his cheek, handing him his sword before dashing off. But Edmund catches her hand twirling her back into his arms, smashing his lips onto hers.

"I love you too, Darling," Tilly smiles as a light blush covers her cheeks; that name never ceases to stop the girl in her tracks. She hopes she hears it for the rest of her life.