60

In a lavish Italian restaurant, two people sat facing each other, both of them were equally attractive and young

In a lavish Italian restaurant, two people sat facing each other, both of them were equally attractive and young. The man was dressed in a black suit and on top of his nose sat gold rimmed glasses. The woman wore a peach-colored dress that came slightly above her knees, she was giving off an air of nobility and freshness.

"What would you like to order sir?" A waiter approached the couple and asked.

"I'd like to order Duck Confit with Sarlat Potatoes and white wine" Felicity her order with a sweet smile on her face. It was very clear that she was in an extremely happy mood today.

"I'll order the same," Ryan said.

"How have you been?" After the waiter left, Ryan turned towards felicity and asked a question.

"I've been good. college, work and family, you?" Felicity smiled. She liked him in gold-rimmed glasses a lot, they added a hint of gentleness and maturity to his appearance.

"Being a doctor can be very demanding, you have to be on your feet and ready for any emergency so my life is basically made up of hospital, family and rest," Ryan answered.

"It's good, it must be tiring," she sighed. Medicine is a very hectic profession.

"It is but I enjoy my work so I don't mind," Ryan chuckled when he saw her sighing with sympathy. Felicity Lin was nothing like she used to be, she has grown into a considerate, clever and beautiful lady, he thought to himself.

"That's good,"

"How is college going?" Ryan kept the conversation going.

"Great actually, I'm not really a scholar but I'm happy that I've been doing fairly well with my academics. It must have been different for you though because I heard from my mother how you were a star student when you were young," she teased Ryan, Felicity in her previous life too wasn't much of a scholar. She had always been above average and had done well in the past as well but it was nothing out of the ordinary.

"Not exactly a star student but yeah it was alright," Ryan said humbly making Felicity roll her eyes over the obvious lie. Felix had told her how Ryan used to be an extraordinary student since childhood.

"Since you're always busy, u must not have enough time for dating and stuff?"Felicity questioned curiously.

"It can be said so," Ryan, who was drinking a glass of water paused for a moment before replying.

"Have you been resting enough rest as I advised?" Now it was his done to question.

"Oh yes my mother takes care of it, I assure you," Felicity chuckled. "What do you usually look for in a girl when it comes to dating?"

"I like sweet and caring girls that have calm and gentle personality," was his reply.

"I don't really fit the description, do I?" Felicity humored.

Right at this moment, the waiter brought in their dishes and presented them on the table carefully before leaving. Ryan picked up Felicity's glass and filled it with white wine before proceeding to do the same with his glass. After finishing he handed the wine glass to Felicity with a flirty smirk.

"Not really but weirdly enough I'm hooked on you,"

"Oh? Are you now? I haven't even shown you enough and you're already hooked?" Felicity did not shy away from flirting back.

"Believe me, I am," they both smiled at each other.

"You said that your schedule is already very hectic, are you sure you'll be able to make time?" This time Felicity was serious. From her past dating experience, she knew that she would demand time and effort from the other person, she wanted to know beforehand if he could provide her with it regardless of his busy schedule.

"One can always make time for someone they really want," Ryan smiled as he stared into her eyes. It was as if he was making a promise to her.

His latent promise brought a smile to Felicity's face which she did not try to hide. Seeing her content look, Ryan also smile back. To the outsiders, they looked like a loving couple as they both were smiling at each other.

"I like it," Felicity took a sip of her wine.

"Me too," Ryan followed.

"How is your friend?"

"Ava? She's been recovering quickly, she's a fighter,"

"So she is,"

They both drifted towards different topics of conversation one after another. There was a sort of synchronization between both of them which they both noticed as well, the whole date went on smoothly and it left them with anticipation for the future dates to come.

However, on the other side, things were going as smoothly as they were supposed to.

Ava was lying on her bed trying to catch sleep after a few restless nights she had been facing. Anxiety and frustration were two major emotions she felt these past few days.

Suddenly her phone vibrated and she quickly grabbed it as if she was anticipating something.

"Hey! 👋"

"I was thinking about refurnishing my penthouse, what color should I make the furniture go with?"

There were messages from Felix. Ava quickly typed a reply but suddenly her hands paused, she pondered for a minute and deleted the message. She sighed and threw her phone towards the right end of the bed and rolled to her left.

After a few minutes, she miraculously fell asleep.

There were again some notifications on the phone screen. They showed three new messages.

"Hey! Are u busy?"

"It's getting late, make sure to eat dinner on time,"

"Sleep well,"

A recommendation! There's this manhwa that hardly people know about since it's so underrated but it is

A recommendation! There's this manhwa that hardly people know about since it's so underrated but it is...fucking brilliant! Filled with palace plots and conspiracy, you won't know what to expect and who to trust. It blows your mind every new with chapter.

Generation's Queen Ling ( The Queen )