4

You woke up to familiar surroundings, desperately catching air as if you had just resurfaced from the waters, almost drowning. Laying on your bed, your hand immediately  slipped to the back of your head, feeling for any wound or anything that hurt, afraid of the blood you'd see. Nothing of the sort came, not even any tinge of pain as you massaged your scalp.

Weird. That would have been a vivid nightmare. However, you were not sure if the relief flooding inside you was because it was all a dream or because your crush next door wasn't a murderer.

Mind still hazy as if not aware what was happening, your phone rang through the silence of the morning, breaking you out from your thoughts.

"Hello?"

"Y/n?" It was Steve.

"Steve, hey, it's still early," you complained, slumping back on the sheets to prepare for a nap, or continuation of your disrupted sleep.

"Early?!" he exclaimed, tone a bit upset and disappointed, which made you wonder what you could have possibly done to him. "Y/n, you didn't show up to Gamora last night. What's the matter with you?"

You ran your hand through your hair as your mind hurt from trying to remember. "What? I thought that's tonight."

"What tonight? It was yesterday, Y/n," Steve explained. "Today's Sunday already. You know what..."

Steve kept on talking through the speakers of your phone but you weren't even listening anymore. The hair at the back of your neck had stood, blood must had run out from your face. So it wasn't a dream after all.

You straightened up on your bed, heart beating fast as you tried to remember what happened. How did you even get here? You didn't remember getting here last night. You didn't remember wearing these clothes.

"Y/n, are you still there?" Your friend's voice brought you to the present.

"Hey, Steve," you called out, barely a whisper. "I-"

"Y/n, are you okay?" he asked, suddenly lost, his voice raised up a note. "Why are you whispering? God, I swear I'm still mad at you right now-"

"Steve, listen...," you interjected, getting up from your bed as you peered through your window, checking if the streets were busy enough. "I... I think I am in trouble... Can you... can you meet me at my new place?"

"What?" he snapped, protesting exasperatedly. "Are you kidding me right now? Is this your way to get out of what you did to poor Gamora?"

"Please, Steve," you pleaded. "I think my neighbor is-"

"Your neighbor's what?" Wanda's voice behind you made you let go of your phone, the device hitting the floor with a thud.

"Shit. Fuck." You stepped farther away from the brunette, hitting the wall of your bedroom. "What are you doing here?"

"The door was open so I let myself in." Wanda looked like she was alarmed to see you scared of her. She killed someone, for Pete's sake. "Y/n, what's wrong? Your face is so pale-"

"You... you... last night. You-"

"I what?" Her eyebrows only furrowed deeper, stepping closer towards you.

"Don't lie to me..." Your hitched up voice made Wanda stop.

"What would I lie about?" she asked, disbelief in her face as she shook her head. "Okay. It looks like you're not in your right mind right now. So, I'm going to head back to my apartment..."

You grabbed the nearest lamp you had, a gift you received from Secret Santa last Christmas. It was the only thing you could use as you wielded it as your weapon.